BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

On teh fence, I would like to see him against a regular BT before making a final decision, I do have 2 (slight) issues, in my imagination he had bloody stumps for wings (but the modelled ones do fit with the fluff) and I would prefer the Axes held by the handles.
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits.

See, the broken wings just look a bit crap to me.

If I was a Khorne player, I'd leave the wings off, then dremel out the back entirely, fill it full of Milliput and sculpt in an exposed spinal column, muscle tissue, and shredded skin around the wound.

Then I'd paint him with either a pale or completely black skin tone, pure brass armour and the only red on the model would be his back, which would be absolutely dripping with gore, all apart from the bone, which would be horribly white; everything about the model would be designed to draw the eye to this horrific, god-inflicted wound.

You know what, I don't play Khorne, but that's such a good conversion idea, I'm kind of tempted.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Chapter-Master

he has always had wings in the background though
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Irrelevant.

Horrific wound, emphasising his personal story>cliched, overplayed demonic imagery.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Chapter-Master

it isn't irrelevant, the model was always going to have wings.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

I like a lot of the details.

Axe Blades on his Greaves are ace, and the armour looks great.

The way the Axes are held works for me - near the head suggests he's about to wade through lesser beings, and doesn't need the force multiplier of the haft swing.

Just....just.... I dunno. Can't put my finger on it. There's nothing about I think to be 'arse' in itself, but the whole thing hasn't quite pulled the elements together.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

for the model to tell the story well, it needs to have shredded, damaged wings. They're bound and clipped with chains, you can see that this wasn't some injury sustained in battle, this was a deliberate act to punish the daemon.

Wounds where, if you know the fluff, wings once were don't tell that story directly in the miniature, which takes away from its impact. I prefer this to some weird looking stumps.

The model does not tell his story. The wing damage looks a lot like battle damage and his pose is resting and pointing instead of the violent ball of fury that he should be.

If I knew nothing of the story I would see the model as a resilient commander that can have a big impact in melee ut prefers to command his minions from 2nd rank.
    Last edited by Charon; 09-21-2015 at 01:44 PM.

He looks incredible, but not quite large enough compared to those Flesh Hounds.

And $135 U.S.? That's an extra $10 on top of the conversion from pounds...
    Amateur Khornestar: A Khorne Daemonkin Blog: khornestar.blogspot.com

"A" Story? Maybe.
    "HIS" Story? Nope.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast