BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

I have to agree Mystery. I think I'd like it a lot more if we hadn't already had a lot of Khorne stuff this year before him. As it is, while impressive he just comes across as "ohh look... more of the same".
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Pose is good and aggressive. But I dunno.

Maybe it's the lack of a scale shot - just neither here nor there on it.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Fly Lord

Retailers have chimed in with the following on Skarbrand:

Skarbrand the Exile $135

Plastic Kit

Over 6" tall

Large oval base

Look for both 40K rules and Age of Sigmar Warscrolls to accompany him this week.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

So... he's basically a generic-looking Bloodthirster?

Huh. Missed opportunity there. I mean, nice pose and all, but a super-long goatee does not awesome make. Should be carrying twice the muscle mass of a regular Bloodthirster and bloody wounds where his wings should be, or something like that.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

I was pretty puzzeled why they did not include the skarband option in the bloodthirster set. All they needed was 2 broken wings and a hand with a shaft to fit the other axe (the kit already has 2)
    Not even the head is different from one of the generic options.
    And he is more than full bloodthirster price despite having less options.
    So much missed opportunities here...
    Last edited by Charon; 09-21-2015 at 10:21 AM.

Chapter-Master

his beard makes him look like a crotchety old man
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Eh, feel like it should've replaced one of the generic 'thirsters in the default kit.

I guess it'd be cool if the kits are cross-compatible, though, so he could be used to vary up the poses of generic 'thirsters.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Seen the pic.

I'm....I'm kinda 'meh' at the moment.
    Its funny how opposite you and I are in terms of aesthetics.

I'm not a fan of his pose (bog standard arm ourstretched pointing a gun or something with other arm above head holding close combat weapon) but the model itself is dripping with details.

I LOVE the wings.

Amazing model overall I think.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Hard to tell from on cover shot, but I like what I see, looks a like a lot of the details from the classic Skarbrand Blache sketch are in there, could be a bit chunkier than the other kit.

You wait 15 years for a great multipart plastic Bloodthirster and then two come along at once.

He seems way too chunky. Those don't look so much like muscles as misshapen lumps attached to his body everywhere, with the effect made so much worse by their unnecessary extreme edge highlighting (which made the original BT look bad until I saw it in person being painted properly).

I'm not sure how well it'll sell. That's a pretty high price for a very specific model. Even Nagash wasn't that much. I'm actually rather surprised at them being so bold as to make that kind of leap in prices in less than a year's time.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast