BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: World Cup 2015

Chapter-Master

Eurovision yes, but not the X Factor
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

What an epic weekend of Rugby... there is no way anyone can match the All Blacks.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    What an epic weekend of Rugby... there is no way anyone can match the All Blacks.
    Their game against France was scary. THey just slipped up in another gear and kept going and going and the gulf opened up.

Sco vs Aus best game of the tournament. Though absolutely heart breaking. "Interesting" interpretation of the rules by the ref. Though technically correct not to use TMO to review the knock on leading to the penality.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Aye I actually felt sorry for the fighting jockanese. I would much rather them have gone through than Wales tbh. I couldn't watch their game as it coincided with my lad's swimming lesson but was watching the drama unfold on BBC live updates and couldn't believe how it went.

For me the Southern Hemisphere is a lesson - keep ball in hand, don't kick for territory and lose possession, score tries to win games.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

the thing is, france has a history of giving up and bowing under if you can convince them its unwinable. they dont fight very well, meaning that teams look really good against them when they would be having a tougher game if france kept at it.

Also, damn scary for a moment there for australia, and though it would have been nice to see scotland beat them, it would likely have meant the kiwis would win the word cup and i dont want to see that happen
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Whilst it appears Scotland may have got gypped by a dodgy decision, it's not as if the game was otherwise sewn up for them.

But some of the conspiracy theories cropping up are hilarious. Such as the Etonian and Twickenham Elite bribing the refs to keep Scotland down. Why? Because reasons, of course...
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

It's not often us Scots get a sporting event to give us some national pride. Ah well, I didn't keep up with the game, but from what I heard the guys really gave it a good whack. The final penalty was controversial and lost us the game, and the World Rugby guys admitted it was the [URL="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/34576756"]wrong decision[/URL]. A shame, especially given how close to winning they were.

Ah well, the ref's decision is final, and most importantly, we did better than the English. :P
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Occuli Imperator

The whole thing was bizarre.

World Rugby should have shown more support to their man. Regardless of the rightness or wrongness of the call, running of the pitch was not good and it seems like world rugby threw him under the bus.

They could have said something like, in hindsight and the benefit of multi angle slow motion re-plays we can see that the decision was not the correct one. Joubert's rapid exit from the stadium was in a response for his own personal safety given agitations in the crowd who felt the call was a wrong one.

Time will pass, it will become history. I am sure had the penalty missed we wouldn't even be talking about it.

Scotland have a lot of positives to come from, though the leakiness of their defence is still of concern.

Australia will take some positives from this, though I think that they will need to find a higher gear to get through the pumas, though it must be a game they see as very winable having won the last eno****er and 10 of the previous 11.

RSA look unliekly to trouble the all blacks,
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234