BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2015

Occuli Imperator

Scotland vs Japan

Japan with their tails up slaying the giant that is South Africa Rugby came in to this match still as under dogs and playing their 2nd game in 4 days compared with Scotland who were playing their first. It was a good game and very close at half time. The second half saw the tiredness of the Japanese team, never giving up but errors creeping in and allowing the Scotland back line just to cut open the Japanese defence. For the Scots it was a well deserved win and getting the bonus point. I think the best thing for them was their organised defence, it was solid and tackled hard and kept it shape and possibly more importantly, despite sustained pressure didn't ship penalities.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

What is this bonus point stuff? I keep hearing about it, but never an explanation of how it works.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

I wondered that too
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

very well played by Wales, but thrown away by England really. far too many unnecessary penalties given away.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    What is this bonus point stuff? I keep hearing about it, but never an explanation of how it works.
    Four tries gives your team a bonus point?

Not sure because I was only listening to the commentary with half an ear.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Someone who doesn't like the Welsh?
    3 of the top 6 being in the same pool is just something that should NOT ever happen.

And its looking more like the Pomes are gonna get the short end of the pool at the moment

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Al Shut View Post
    Four tries gives your team a bonus point?

Not sure because I was only listening to the commentary with half an ear.
    that of losing by 7 or less
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Occuli Imperator

Yup bonus points for 4 tries and being beaten by 7 points or less. The idea is to encourage teams to keep playing.

So South Africa lost to Japan 32-34 pts, they scored 4 tries and stayed within 7pts so got 2pts despite losing.

As for 3 of the top 6 teams in the same pool, it is kinda inevitable unfortunately. Well not 3 of the top 6, but with the top 10 being so far ahead of the next 10 you would end up with 2 pools with 3 and 2 with 2.

B&C with 2 top 10 and A&D with 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps it was engineered to get some lower teams into the quarter finals?

- - - Updated - - -

Australia vs Fiji

Another game with a clear favourite. That being said Fiji are starting to play more XV rugby, rather than 7s with 15 men as they had done. Perhaps Australia will feel bad for missing out on their bonus points, which may be essential in this "pool of death" having as dab says with Aus (2), Eng (4) and Wal (5). The the gold and green will be left with a little head scratching having lost a number of lineouts to the fijians.

Wales vs England

An entertaining affair. England had the advantage throughout the game with a better shape and the better of the attacking opportunities. It was a balanced affair with both teams staying within touching distance. The ultiamte Welsh win was probably slightly agaisnt the run of play. The English option to do a Japan (go for a try for the win rather than a penalty for a draw) was possibly the more correct choice given the angle of the kick. However, it didn't come out. Though the welsh won, there are yet more injury concerns on a team that was already thinned.

I think this image sums it up nicely

Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

we got our bonus point against uraguay.

matching the welsh at 9 pts currently.

in other news, glad to see scotland topping Pool B by a whopping 10 pts
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

We need welsh injuries to mean they don't do massively well vs Fiji. Then we need some Aussie Diggers to smash the taffs, lose to us and Uruguay to be bonus point as well.

England snatched defeat from the jaws of victory but going for a try was the right thing to do - if your line outs weren't being utterly rubbish.

For me the loss was Lancaster's fault not Robshaw's. For messing around bringing on unnecessary subs.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Chapter-Master

thats a lot of ifs den,

I think England is is some serious trouble

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast