Well, what it says on the tin, if you have any particularly memorable moments from your games of 40k, then here is the place to share them. Whether they're funny, sad or downright alarming, everyone will have had similar so enlighten us, give us some laughs at others misfortune, or if you're willing, at yours

Ok, not particularly funny or anything, but memorable to me, the first time that I played against necrons in planetstrike, with them as the attackers. First off, it is the first time I've actually seen dead necrons, not necrons that might be back or are temporarily malfunctioning, nope, a whole squad dead in the first turn of shooting with the Lord barely escaping! The funny part was, at the end of the game, he had been so caught up trying to blow up at least one of my russes that he was caught at the other end of the table to the objectives, somehow the Guard held not only the objectives, but held their own as well!

But a week ago, we had a semi tank shock battle in the store, unfortunately I couldn't stick around for the main event. However, I, with the armoured might of the Imperial Guard was up against every other army in the store, protecting my main guns with two lines of russes with the odd chimera chassis in there, their first turn of shooting managed I think two crew shaken results. We limited the time we had in the turns however because I was pressed for time, and then the look on my opponents faces was priceless as I brought out the apocalypse template, to start dropping plasma down on them along with the odd baneblade shell! If I'd had the time, I probably would have decimated half their combined forces in that turn, however I only managed to get the stormblade's plasma blastgun off along with the hellhammer, due to the sheer number of models we had to roll for. I believe I gutted two of their armies with the stormblade alone. Needless to say the fight wasn't particularly fair, and the general consensus after two turns of carnage from my armour and some vaguely worrying moments from their armies was an overwhelming but not very satisfying victory to myself. I'd been worrying about the number of models they'd fielded on the table at the start, but I see I had little to worry so long as I kept the big guns protected That is one battle I'm going to have to fight again at some point, but with more planning, a bigger table, and some specific objectives for each side. And purpose built armies

And last but by no means least, one of the apocalypse games I have played in. I joined on the second turn with my armour (I only play armour in apocalypse, no infantry to speak of, makes my turns shorter and means that without allies I'm useless, I also never use all my armour, so I reckon it's fair that way ), during the next turn I became the downfall of most of the forces on our end of the table. The xenos managed to punch through my Warhound's void shields in one turn and obliterated it in a massive chain reaction. The resulting explosion ignited the ammunition magazines in the leman russes accompanying it, setting off a series of smaller explosions nearby making sure that anything that survived the initial explosion was subject to shrapnel. However, this was nothing in the grand scheme of things as a nearby super-heavy's generator started to go critical from the immense heat emanating from the explosion. Shortly it exploded in an equally catastrophic explosion, catching two more super-heavies and two Brass Scorpions in it's blast. The combined heat of these two explosions began to melt the safety mechanisms on the super-heavies and their resulting explosions added to the carnage, making sure that the enemies brass scorpions stood no chance, they joined the Imperial machines in that finest tradition of Apocalypse, going apocalyptic and wiping out several of the enemy units as well. Possibly half an hour later, and with nearly everyone in the store gathered around to watch such an insane moment of the battle, the enemy looked on in triumph at the gaping hole they had caused in the Imperial lines, letting them rush forwards to claim vital objectives. Their faces fell however as they saw that another god of war had come to avenge it's comrades death. A mighty Warlord Titan strode forwards into the battle, obliterating anything that resembled the enemy. Soon however it became apparent that a new threat was near as a Gargant appeared, waddling onto the battlefield, no-one know the end of that titanic duel as few were left alive from the battle beneath, and those that were would not speak of the battle, of the horrors that had been unleashed, and of those apocalyptic moments that were broadcast during the battle. All we know is that the battlefield was left charred and melted from the battle.

I believe the grand total of the apocalyptic explosions came to seven in that battle . . . and all of them in one turn . . .

I think that's about all I can remember for the moment, but I hope it gives you some insight into what you might be able to contribute to the thread.