BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

After seeing responses from others, I realized that the feat of throwing off possession would naturally be an individual feat. That anyone else would need to achieve that of their own accord. I did have a thought though. This is going into pure speculation, not knowing if this is contradicted in any canon materials.

After the mother experiences the event, she has an encounter with the future father of her children (a Spiritseer) who has divined that together - "With the third child of your union, a fourth would join them." (i.e. a divination of a promised "twin" which I know is very special and even treasured for what twin Eldar are capable - Revenant Titans, Phantom Titans, Wraithknights...) I'm not really sure what they would be. Honestly, the twins are from an original idea. I only just found out that twins are special, which is really cool to me.

Now, I didn't know about the ages of time required for Paths. I'm not attached to requiring the mother to be an Autarch at the time of the event. It could have been a precursor, a sign to the others, that she is of special quality that would elevate her towards becoming an Autarch in the future. To my understanding, an Autarch is never lost on the path and that an Autarch is more capable than an Exarch, who is lost on the path.

I did have another crazy idea. With the father being a spiritseer, he has a communion with other seers. They give him advice on having a ceremony/ritual with the would-be mother of promised twins: a ritual that shares the experience, trauma, struggle, event... gives that to the father and kind of emboldens/strengthens his spirit against Chaotic influence. All of this while in the protection of the Crystal Dome of Seers.

In the future, this ritual (after having been accomplished by both) would then be repeated with greater support - the father being able to provide his own will to the ritual while enacting it upon, in this case, the first born child: Krivvin's eldest sister, who often actually is seen as the most promising, most talented, most capable of all of the siblings. Then, it would be to do the same for Krivvin so that by the time the twins are born - a small circle is involved in the ritual for them to be especially cared for during the moment.

I think you are dragging too much the lore in order to find something special, i often found that small short snippets of history or actions added to the lore seems to provide a lot of more interesting paths.

As example i play a devastated Craftworld where Wraiths are so common that unlike Iyanden and other craftworlds fielding them it's not a taboo but more a matter of proud. (warriors dedicated so much to protect their kind that choose to remain ever vigilant)

This craftworld has developed a special kind of attunement to the spirit stones and living warriors often join with other deceased souls of their infinity circuit and bond to carry them as guides to the battlefield.

This makes a pseudo exarch effect and the living one can tap into the memories and expertise of the deceased one allowing fresh warriors show the expertise of centuries hardened veterans.

side effects: if the warrior dies and is lucky both souls will be contained within the stone, otherwise the most oftenly is the strongest soul *melds* with the weaker devouring that warriors essence in a similar way as slaanesh may do, in some situatios long expositions to a *binded* deceased warrior soul can make the living eldar to take the shape and memories of the deceased ones thus slowly allowing them to reborn in exchange of themselves in similar way as Lucius does.

Quote Originally Posted by Perversor View Post
    I think you are dragging too much the lore in order to find something special, i often found that small short snippets of history or actions added to the lore seems to provide a lot of more interesting paths.

As example i play a devastated Craftworld where Wraiths are so common that unlike Iyanden and other craftworlds fielding them it's not a taboo but more a matter of proud. (warriors dedicated so much to protect their kind that choose to remain ever vigilant)

This craftworld has developed a special kind of attunement to the spirit stones and living warriors often join with other deceased souls of their infinity circuit and bond to carry them as guides to the battlefield.

This makes a pseudo exarch effect and the living one can tap into the memories and expertise of the deceased one allowing fresh warriors show the expertise of centuries hardened veterans.

side effects: if the warrior dies and is lucky both souls will be contained within the stone, otherwise the most oftenly is the strongest soul *melds* with the weaker devouring that warriors essence in a similar way as slaanesh may do, in some situatios long expositions to a *binded* deceased warrior soul can make the living eldar to take the shape and memories of the deceased ones thus slowly allowing them to reborn in exchange of themselves in similar way as Lucius does.
    Well, I'm mostly seeking thoughts based on if anything that I'm putting forth is contradicted in canon. I'm just considering ideas really, not specifically focused on going for anything special. It's just something that's coming to mind as I read more. For example, I didn't know Eldar twins were special. The only reason for the twins was because the character had siblings that were twins.

Your Craftworld sounds interesting. That's a neat idea. Kudos to you for coming up with something so cool. I like the thematic. Do you have a place where you have compiled the information that you created about that? I'd like to read about them. Sound neat.

Eldar twins are special because they are rare (like our twins) and Eldar do not get a lot of children. Pregnancy is long and hard on them so they rarely give birth if they do at all.
    Like with our twins there is some kind of "secret understanding" between eldar twins, reinforced by psychic power. They can read each others minds and act completely in union. Thats why they are needed for the bigger constructs. for their ability to act in union.

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Eldar twins are special because they are rare (like our twins) and Eldar do not get a lot of children. Pregnancy is long and hard on them so they rarely give birth if they do at all.
    Like with our twins there is some kind of "secret understanding" between eldar twins, reinforced by psychic power. They can read each others minds and act completely in union. Thats why they are needed for the bigger constructs. for their ability to act in union.
    I know. When I found out about that, I was really stoked because I hadn't realize that twins were so special. That's just so awesome.

It feels like the canon is supporting this idea even further.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12