BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default Eldritch Abomination puppets, props and sets!

I didn't really know where to put this log. If I'm not sculpting tabletop miniatures or making industrial music I am trying to make film props and monsters. So here is a log to what I hope to end up being some kind of short film eventually. Of course it will star nightmarish alien creatures in an otherworldly plane going about their daily business. Everyday live with Eldritch Abominations i guess.

This creature is the "brains" of the cast. An intelligent and ruthless entity.

This one is more insidious and appears randomly to guide the cast.

There are two of these, they are soldiers of a sort.

i have another 5 in progress at current, but not in a stage worth showing..
    Last edited by Asymmetrical Xeno; 10-07-2015 at 11:12 PM.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

they just need their arms now, each will carry a staff in one arm/tendrill :

Also got 5 of these things WIP :

and some terrain! can't wait to paint this, would of done it today but it's p1ssing it down with rain :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

Boy you guys are a tough crowd...

oh well, heres what I am working on at current :

Chapter-Master

Firstly, the Lighthouse keeper is finished. Here she is :

And some other creatures :

- - - Updated - - -

Also some lighting tests :

Brother-Captain

I want to say something encouraging but honestly they're creeping me out a bit. Um. You have successfully made them disturbingly slimy?
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

I'm with Morgrim. They are well done, but also creepy. Which I guess is a success?
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Chapter-Master

eeeeeeexcellent!

Fantastically grotesque. Particularly appreciate the pink soldiers - reminds me of the Body Worlds exhibit, specifically the specimens that have been reduced to a boneless, otherwise fleshless circulatory system (definitely check it out if it ever tours near you).

Looking forward to see the "vented" terrain painted - gives me the impression of a quietly moaning landscape.
    Last edited by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer; 10-31-2015 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Correcting Body Worlds title.

Chapter-Master

Some plot details :

The setting is a Shell that exists surrounding our very universe. The Shell is there to protect our universe. The Shell is an almost dark, empty black void - there exists no stars, galaxies, no nebulas - just vast otherworldly emptiness with organic floating islands strewn around, their ventlike forms sometimes harbouring a sleeping intelligence. Occasionally there are ruins from an ancient civilization. Sometimes islands will show strange steps, staircases, monoliths or other weird architecture.

The Shell is inhabited by a variety entities. No creature in this place has a name, only a title. Some of the creatures are physically bonded to the islands and relics, while others are free to float through the void to new pastures.

Of the greatest of the creatures is the Lighthouse Keeper. She overlooks what the denizens of the Shell call the Final Horizon, a place beyond the shell, outside the confines of existence, concept and reality. The Lighthouse keeper is the only one that can see the Final Horizon and with her Eight Eyes she keeps watch for it for all. She floats suspended above a stone platform that leads to a small entrance guarded by two pillars, her Pendulum of Eternity constantly swinging left and right, counting the chimes down to the Next Stage.

There are many mysteries in the void, such as who and what the Ancient Civilization were and the many lost relics that exist abound the void of the shell. The world has given birth to The Archaeologist, a creature who shall uncover the relics and secrets of the Ancient Civilization. With Her, she is accompanied by The Thinker - She is a being of immense intelligence, The Shadow - She is a maligned ancient who sees what others do not along with several Guards, 5 of which are mercenaries who entered The Shell from another dimension long ago with thousands others of their kind and made the Shell their home.

The Archaeologist and her Comrades will uncover otherworldly secrets, meet various characters that live in the Shell and eventually face a threat of immeasurable terror.

So, multiple nonhumanoid races laboring in the shadow of other ancient inhuman races - doubling down on the good stuff. Does this setting's cosmology tie into Primeval Abyssian's? The names and concepts vary, but I suppose that doesn't rule out there being some connection between two distinct artificial universes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast