BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default D-Cannons: Dragged into Warp Space

Ok. So. I just found out about how D-Cannons work. I know that the fortunate ones are torn to pieces. But if not, the target is sucked completely into warp space.

WHAT HAPPENS IN WARP SPACE? Basically, do the events of Event Horizon happen to them?

If so, dear sweet god. That weapon is awful. Terrifying. The worst thing to do to a living being with conscious thought. >_<

It is pretty horrific.

Though during a game of Dark Heresy, I did flush some troublesome passengers out the airlock whilst we were in the Warp.

That'll learn them to make demands of a Rogue Trader!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

yeah D is pretty bad... it's up to you whether that's worse than being torn apart particle for particle (Gauss), having your brain eaten alive from within (Devourer) or the many and varied nasties Dark Eldar poisons (or Grandfather Nurgle himself...) can bestow on you - I actually think the D weapons are the least painful among those, maybe together with Gauss, since you pretty much cease to exist, period.
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

I imagine Daemons would be the most annoyed by D-Cannons. There's no glory, not even the knowledge you were beaten by your mortal opponents, just bloop! and you're back home.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Quote Originally Posted by DWest View Post
    I imagine Daemons would be the most annoyed by D-Cannons. There's no glory, not even the knowledge you were beaten by your mortal opponents, just bloop! and you're back home.
    Ha ha ha. That's an amusing thought for a response.

To be fair, pretty much all the weapons in WH40K are pretty awful. Meltas cook you from the outside in, flamers are notorious in IRL history, explosives, well, explode ...

Even the humble lasgun, a laser powerful enough to be used as a weapon will basically make a chunk of you explode ...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris*ta View Post
    To be fair, pretty much all the weapons in WH40K are pretty awful. Meltas cook you from the outside in, flamers are notorious in IRL history, explosives, well, explode ...

Even the humble lasgun, a laser powerful enough to be used as a weapon will basically make a chunk of you explode ...
    That depends on the author. James Swallow, for instance, seems to think that Lasguns use the Hardlight projectiles from Halo 4. Because Hardlight is totally something that's been mentioned in any of the Imperial Codices.

Brother-Captain

If you're unfortunate enough to be sucked in whole, you'll be torn apart by pure energy (and possibly daemons).

Good ol' Eldar, literally feeding their enemies to the daemons they despise because despite being the oldest species of fleshy things, they're still morons.

Also I think Swallow is just imagining Lasguns operating like Blasters, because Star Wars has been getting away with representing lasers wrong for almost half a century now.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast