If we move away from the aesthetic (on account it's entirely subjective), lets instead dig into the background of the Stormcast Eternals.

I think they're rather interesting...

You see, the way I see it, they're what the Chaos Gods could make of their followers, if they showed care and planning in their gifts, rather than not being able to tell invulnerability from the form of an oscillating bollock faced Chicken, or vibrating Bumfaced Goat.

And that's not to say the Chaos Gods are feckless...they just genuinely cannot tell the difference.

But Sigmar? Really quite different approach. He's weighed up and assessed not only the gifts he wants to bestow, but what the human (for so far, they're all humans) form can take in the way of God Bestowed gifts.

This to me is a good foil to Chaos. The chance 'perfect mutation' given up in the name of stability and not seeing a promising follower turn into a blob of tentacles and insanity.

Further than that? It shows Sigmar, and by extension shows his fellow members of the Pantheon to be more of a match for the Dark Gods. This is a big change in Warhammer, where previously the 'good' deities were distant and aloof, possibly because they were trying to avoid direct personal conflict with the Four.

Going forward, I kind of hope each race gets its 'God Touched' forces, which I think we can reasonably predict to be a reflection of their Deities preferences. Think 'Gorkamorka's Extra 'Ard Ladz', and already hinted at Shadowy Elf Daemon things.

Personally I want to see that, because it would be cool, but perhaps not so much entire armies.