BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

sisters of battle are not a valid reference point though because they have no plastics. they would sell like crazy if they got updated.
    Last edited by Kirsten; 09-30-2015 at 08:59 AM.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

The stormcasts are utterly boring.

Not only are they what replaced proper, oldschool warhammer, but it felt like somebody was given permission to create one, single model in a 3d modelling program and then told to somehow extrapolate that into an entire army by giving it different weapons. They're an even more monotonous version of space marines, which is saying something. At least space marines have the occasional beaky head or bare-headed sergeant, these guys are just literally copy-pasta'd all over the battle field like they're waiting for GW to shout "execute order 66" and pulling the plug out of Age of Sigmar entirely.

Well I've been painting up my stormcasts finally, and I love them.

They paint up real well, with the charm of a spacemarine's pauldrons, nice bulky weapons. The head-halos are different, and the belt buckles too, the gladius sheathes also have different iconography, and the shields have subtle differences.

They're great, makes me almost wish I wasn't such a slow painter but that's alright, I've got a lot of painting ahead of me, and no rush to get it all done.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    You say toe-may-toe, I say dullsley dullington.

And I field an army of Daleks when the notion strikes me.

They have more character.

Exterminate.
    Feel free to ignore this guy please I've seen him trying to invoke rage with his trolling.
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

I love how people will judge something in a comparison perspective and proclaim it is bad lets look at some other things in the hobby and make comparisons shale we.

Look there's chaos gods in 40k and fantasy setting since there inception into the game where's the rage about them?
    Look in 40k there's space marines and chaos space marines they look the same where's the rage about them?
    Look there's tomb kings in fantasy and necrons in 40k since there inception into the game where's the rage about them?
    Look there's grim dark in both game formats where's the rage there?
    Look there's a direct comparison on the elves and the elder where's the rage about them?
    Look there's a direct comparison on the orks in both 40k and fantasy where's the rage about them?
    Look daemons can be played in both games where's the rage about them?

And many many more.

Now do you see there is a lot of things taken from both formats to the game is there something wrong with this? no its fine for a company to take idea's and concepts from other products within the company it means if someone is playing one format and see a comparison they will most likely jump to the other format because of familiarity.
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

"female wargamers are very few in number"

See, I don't think is really accurate. I think the GW games skew things because, well, why would we really expect women to want to play all-male armies? I think they also might be less inclined to throw money at "premium priced premium models" when there are other hobby options out there, including within the wargaming hobby (such as games like Warmachine, Malifaux, and Infinity, which all have a number of female models, and even X-Wing has female pilots).

But even then, what about those of us guys who want to have diversity in our forces? I'd love a mixed Imperial Guard army, but I'll have to go third party to get heads to convert Cadians.

And, like MM, I can afford a new army if I want (like the Ogre Kingdoms army I bought and then only got to play a couple of times), but Sisters of Battle are way too expensive to try that with, and their rules aren't really doing so well either, so I'd have to pay a ridiculous amount for an army that'd either struggle hard, or sit on a shelf. I think Sisters would sell better than Grey Knights, but GK sell right now because they have a codex and affordable models. GW's added Harlequins, two AdMech forces, and Knights, while ignore cries to make Sisters in plastic.

And it's clearly not an industry thing. It's just GW. Seriously, look at the other companies, you'll find diversity. It's so bad that third party companies can actually make money off of selling stuff to convert or add females to GW armies.

Not meaning to go on and on with "GW bashing" here, just saying, there's no reason to hold out hope for female Stormcast models.

Though at this point, the Stormcasts would mostly be helped just by having *any* new models that don't look like a Clonetrooper with different kit.

First-Captain

The armour, faces, helmets and weapons on each of the Stormcast units is different. They're not "copy and pasted" any more than Space Marines are.
    Last edited by Path Walker; 10-01-2015 at 07:54 AM.

Brother-Captain

...it's a hoplon, a Greek shield also known as an aspis. It's not Roman!
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Chapter-Master

While I like the Stormcasts I can agree it would be nice to see some female valkyries (love that idea) and they do need much more variety. They seem to currently be suffering 2nd/3rd edition Necron Syndrome. Hopefully whenever they get another update they'll get more interesting stuff (Cavalry like the one in the starter set would be an obvious one, a set of Gryph hounds could be cool too).

I've had some negative experiences whenever i've brought women into GW with me. A few times men even made comments on my friends chest size right in front of her. We wee not impressed >.>
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    I've had some negative experiences whenever i've brought women into GW with me. A few times men even made comments on my friends chest size right in front of her. We wee not impressed >.>
    That's not a problem with wargamers, it's a problem with those particular people being abhorrent individuals.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast