BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Iron Warriors, Traitor Guard, Dark Mechanicus, Warhound, Demons, oh my!

I figured I should compile all my one off threads into one paint log, so hopefully this will compel me to do more than a few models at a time from now on. *Just a bit of background- I've been playing for 10 years now, but just started painting within the last year. *I started this army because I wanted a Warhound, but the Imperial ones were just too plain. *However, the Chaos book never really inspired me, so my local group sat down and figured out a nice counts as relationship between the Space Wolf, Demon Hunters, and Witch Hunters books that make a suitable Chaos army. *And so, I began slaving away:

So far I've got painted:

Iron Warriors:

Long Fang Squad

A few Grey Hunters:

Dark Mechanicus:

Servitors- both ranged and close combat, fill in for a variety of roles:

Dark Magos- counts as an Inquisitor for right now:

And lastly, my Warhound, named Franklin by my girlfriend

I'll get more comprehensive pictures in the morning, but seeing how it's 5 am right now, I feel that sleep should come before I attempt to paint more or handle anything electronic!

Hope you enjoyed my work so far, I have a lot more to go, so stay tuned!

Librarian

Great idea mate, loving the pose of the hound's legs!

also great plans on "picking and choosing" your army list, thats the way a themed army should be done. ok, it might only be apocalypse legal, but you said it was mainly for the warhound so when would you play anything smaller?!?!

i'll be watching this with great interest!
    Conscription in the Lucky 88th
    http://lucky88th.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

wow those servitors and the hound are AMAZING.
    and using SW dex not cause its the best but cause it gives flavour is somthing all these "my smurfs are BA cause ba are better but surfs are ba?" lists!!
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Chaplain

digging it my man. really like the pose on the legs...
    Officially abandoned a total RG army in light of a single custom marine army i can use for all codecies...what does that make me?

Chaplain

The one thing that would make your Warhound's feet even cooler would be to have crew trying (and failing) to scramble out of the vehicle while its being crushed.

Look forward to seeing further completion.
    I reject your reality and replace it with my own.

Just a quick update, had planned to have more done, but got distracted by the girlfriend last night.

Just another Iron Warrior, I've got 5 more PIP:

And here's the test scheme for my traitor guard. I want them to look dirty, and I think the yellow really goes well with my shade of metal. Let me know, I plan on working on the next 4 tonight after finishing the Marines and Skittarri.

Also, got some work on Franklin's base done, none of the pictures came out very well though.

And for the hell of it, I decided to make a Storm Raven:

Keep in mind it's really WiP, just about 4 hours put into the project so far. It's described as a small Thunderhawk, so I figured I would go about making a Thunder Chicken. Sorry about the TERRIBLE picture, just snapped one on my phone as I was on my way to class. Sorry about the lack of updates, I've been up to my neck in school, work, girlfriend and unfortunately... Modern Warfare 2.

Well, school has had me distracted from my painting; however, I did sit down and upgrade my old Company Command Squad for my Death Korp. Here's the old squad:

5 guys and a Mortar. Not that impressive.

Here's the new one:

4 Plasmaguns, Plasma Pistol and Power Weapon, and a Master of the Fleet. They're expensive, but deadly!

Librarian

The yellow could use some darkening down on the traitor guard guy. Really like the blue on the Death Korps.

Good luck with the Warhound!
    "STUPIDITY, If your going to do it, go for GOLD!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast