BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Annnnnddddd, I'm not dead, merely had half my foot replaced with a prosthetic. Iron within, Iron without eh?

I've got a couple pictures of my army from BoLScon this year, gracias to Tasty Taste for the pictures:

Army shot:

Stupid crooked Storm Raven, the thing was too heavy for the pin I put in the flight stand, so I was constantly trying to right it up all weekend.

Close up of the Furioso, Libby, Priest, and Assault Squad

Decent shot of a 5 man Assault Squad, Razorback, Baal, and Dread.

They were rushed, but I think the army works well overall. Thanks for looking!

...wow!!! That's flippin' amazing!!! Great, loving the Chaos StormRaven!!
    The Krandor 116th Airborne: Flying Arctic Rednecks..IN SPACE!!!
    http://paradoxgaming.intodit.com- Proud seller of time-space disruptions since 2010

Thanks man, I've got back and have started to re-do it, the plasticcard work got a little shoddy as the tourney got closer!

Veteran-Sergeant

Where's the possessed trunk monkey?

Nice looking Army there?
    We refuse to take sides in this anymore. And we refuse to let you turn us against one another. http://derinaironhandsandmorethings.blogspot.com

Here's a picture of some newly completed stuff that I did up for Da Boyz GT, including 10 Wolf Guard, some Long Fangs, new Razorback turrets, 2 new more Predators, a few new special weapons, and 2 Land Speeders.

Army shot: (out of focus, but oh well, I didn't take it)

And some pictures during game 5:

And 2 more from game 1:

Veteran-Sergeant

Just wanted to say nice work. Solid looking and wonderfully thematic. Kudos.

Veteran-Sergeant

Well first, I love the creativity of the conversions.

But honestly I do not like count as army's in which you take a current army and turn it into another ie...My chaos book stinks lets use BA or some other book...

But all said in done great paint jobs!

Yes, the army would be way fluffier if you had a ton of plague marines and sorcerors roaming around.

Quote Originally Posted by BDub View Post
    Just wanted to say nice work. Solid looking and wonderfully thematic. Kudos.
    Thank you! They do look better on nice terrain like that though, so it's not all my doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
    Well first, I love the creativity of the conversions.

But honestly I do not like count as army's in which you take a current army and turn it into another ie...My chaos book stinks lets use BA or some other book...

But all said in done great paint jobs!
    It's been fun trying to figure out how to wiggle everything into Chaos terms, the Vanguard I use are Blood Letters with Harpy Wings- seeing how I can't exactly picture Iron Warriors jumping around on Jump Packs. That said, I really only use painted pieces to game with, and make sure my army is WYSIWYG, so I haven't ran into more than a handful of people who have seemed perturbed by the whole "counts-as" thing. And to them my answer is just simply: My money, my time, my toys. But it's only come to that once or twice in 2 years of using them though.

Although, at Da Boyz GT, my Space Wolf counts as Chaos, Goatboy's Space Wolf counts as Chaos Goats, and MBG's Imperial Guard counts as Orks all were setting up our armies the first day on the same table, and more than a few people were confused by the amount "count as" going on on one table.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSlowPoke View Post
    Yes, the army would be way fluffier if you had a ton of plague marines and sorcerors roaming around.
    My thoughts exactly. That and I don't like Obliterators (models, fluff, and rules), which leaves me with a boring army to play, and to play against when using the Chaos book.

Also, today I'm planning on repairing my Warhound, which took a little bit of a beating when I moved to my new apartment over the summer. Haven't touched it since unfortunately...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12