BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Marvel's Jessica Jones

Marvel's next Netflix series Jessica Jones will be available on November 20 and I am really looking forward to it:

Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

If it's even half as good as Daredevil, we're in for a treat!

Anyword on whether they're binge releasing it yet, or going episodic?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Binge releasing. I liked Daredevil but I didn't think it was as good as people seemed to think, I'm looking forward to this a lot more than I am season two of Daredevil (which I am still eagerly looking forward to).
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I just loved the fight scenes - properly brutally realistic. No 'aiee! I'm out for the count off a single kick!'.

And that telly to the head....love it love it love it!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

The fight scenes were unusually good it is true.

Full trailer *flails*

This looks superb.

Especially seeing as Marvel's BIG problem has been decent villains.

Iron Man = Iron Monger = meh.
    Iron Man 2 = Whiplash = meh.
    Captain America = Red Skull = fun, but cheesy, one dimensional.
    Thor = Loki = pretty great.
    Avengers = Loki = AMAZING.
    Iron Man 3 = Mandarin = Meh and Trevor Slattery = YES. MORE PLEASE. NOW. IN EVERYTHING MARVEL DOES.
    Captain America 2 = Winter Soldier = 1 dimensional and meh, Hydra = very intimidating and a lovely commentary on American espionage, but not quite specific enough to be a personal threat. Too many heads, if you follow my meaning.
    Thor 2 = Christopher Eccleston - don't remember his character's name, don't care, most boring, generic villain ever HOW DO YOU DO THAT WITH CHRISTOPHER ECCLESTON? HOW? HAVE YOU NOT SEEN 'SHALLOW GRAVE'? '28 DAYS LATER'? 'CRACKER'? 'DOCTOR WHO'? (Seriously, Eccleston is one of the finest actors of his generation, and the fact Marvel gave him that turd of a villain is beyond shameful.)
    Agents of SHIELD = apart from Grant Ward, not really anyone notable. Not even Bill Paxton.
    Guardians of The Galaxy = Ronan the Slightly Less Generic Than Thor 2's Villain But Not By Much = meh.
    Avengers 2 = Ultron = not meh, but ultimately not good enough.
    Daredevil = Kingpin = F**KING AMAZING.

Like, two awesome villains and maybe Grant Ward in season 1 of AoS? That's just not good enough, Marvel. It's really not, because without a good heel, how does the face get over?

However, Purple Man in this looks frickin' terrifying. It might even be a way to tell a story about rape culture without any shocktastic rape scenes. Which would be kind of incredible, given the current TV climate.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Purple Man is looking good.

Curious thing? It seems Marvel TV now have the knack of taking very derpy villains and making them properly badass. Kingpin? Ace. Purple Man? Seems ace.

Less than a fortnight to go!

Brother-Captain

7 days!! Really looking forward to this. I have all next weekend off, reckon I'll binge the whole series in those 2-3 days.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast