BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Coldstar Battlesuit, Breacher Team and Strike Team eh?

Intriguing.
    Supposedly the "Breacher" and "Strike" Teams are just the flashy names for the different Fire Warrior unit types built from the new kit. From what I gather the "Breacher" teams are the (Pulse) Carbine-equipped dudes we saw that have alternate backpacks - speculated to be Jetpacks - and the "Strike" teams are the default Fire Warriors equipped with Pulse Rifles. It's altogether possible we are actually getting three units from the Fire Warrior box; standard Fire Warriors, Breacher Teams and Strike Teams though I find this to be unlikely. If Breacher teams actually do have Jetpacks to go with their Pulse Carbines they should be a very interesting unit that actually follow the Tau combat doctrines without requiring a Devilfish, something a lot of people have been praying for (though I would be happy with a buff to the Devilfish myself).

As for the Coldstar Battlesuit, we know from a snippet of the current codex (yep!) that it is a Crisis Battlesuit that has been modified to fight in space - i.e. Zone Mortalis. It's entirely possible the Coldstar is simply the new Commander suit used as an alternative to the Enforcer, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it is an alternate build from the new Crisis Team kit. To say I'm intrigued by the thought of alternate Crisis Team type units is an under-statement, though it would follow with the above Fire Warrior Breacher and Strike teams theory.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

If Breachers have jetpacks and access to emp grenades.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    GW do a Metalica transfer sheet

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Ad-Mec-Metalica-Transfer-Sheet[/url]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    [url=http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Ad-Mec-Metalica-Transfer-Sheet]Well, this is awkward [/url]
    Ah, well then. I guess I missed it while Ad Mech stuff was releasing. How convenient that a GW just opened in the retail space under my office, I guess I'm making a stop at lunch...

As to new Tau units, I may pick up some suits, but given I already have two boxes of the old fire warriors that are still on sprue, unless the new kit does have some new tricks aside from fancy helmets I'll probably be passing on them. Yet another red/white army for me I guess. That'll make three... there seems to be a pattern here.

Be different, do white/blue!

Chapter-Master

I really like the new style flamers on the stormsurge, much better than the old ones. I will have to save those for crisis suits just in case we don't see new ones after all.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12