BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default BA and DA Devastator Loadouts

I bought a devastator box last week and I have enough bodies to make a squad each for my blood angels and dark angels. The BA devs will complete a demi company (not that it really counts for anything). Im not sure how I want kit either squad out. For the dark angels I was thinking two grav cannons and two plasma cannons. For the BAs I was thinking of going four missiles or two missiles and two multi meltas. I dont play very often for the loadouts are more flavorful than tactical. Any other loadout suggestions?

Veteran-Sergeant

For the Blood Angels, missiles are a good call.

The Blood Angel Devs could be super useful if you run the Blood Angels Battle Company. (You need two devastator squads). Its the only way to get Objective Secured with +1 initiative army wide from The Red Thirst.

The signum on the sergeant is pretty useful. You can have the Devastators hunker down behind an Aegis and the Sergeant buffs the Ballistic Skill of whoever mans the quad gun. Heavy Bolters might be good back up for someone manning the quad gun.

Two Multimeltas would be sweet for throwing in a Rhino and having them shoot out the top as it motors around. You can make a crappy Blood Angel Version of a Anti-Air Tank by putting two Flakk Missile Devastators in a Rhino.
    "There's no use permitting some prophet of doom to wipe all your smiles away!"

If you take DA Devastators as part of the Lion's Blade strike force, and set them up in a Wall of Martyrs defense emplacement, they are more accurate firing in Overwatch than shooting normally.

Talking about Overwatch, it is probably a good idea to not equip DA Devastators with Blast weapons so they can benefit from the Overwatch boosts. Otherwise you are essentially wasting the DA Chapter tactics. Which kinda sucks if you want Plasma cannons thematically.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Occuli Imperator

I think it really depends what you are fighting against and what else the other aspects of the army is doing.

Stylistically though heavy plasma guns on the DAs is cool
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

I would take missiles launchers for BA and prbably go for a lascannon/heavy bolter setup for DA due to the overwatch rule mentioned above