BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Proximus View Post
    This is an awesome conversion! I really hope that, until GW releases a plastic kit, this will become the wordwide standard for stromraven conversions! I especially love that it looks quite easy to replicate. But it`s the idea that counts, and you deserve big props for that!

Plus, the tutorial is really well written.

Also, I have to agree with Gauthic that the front looks a bit to heavy. I`m not sure whether moving the wings towards the front or adding a second set of smaller wings, as Lerra suggested, would fix this. Maybe you can dryfit both solutions and post pics?
    Thank you, I've been getting a lot of messages and praise for the tutorial and I am very happy to share this with the BOLS community.

I also want to share the completed Storm Raven and Dreadnought pics.

I hope you find the tutorial helpful and I hope to see pictures of the Storm Raven that you guys build.

Grand Provost Marshal

Thanks for the Tutorial! You're the man!

Here have this: +2 Internets

Thumbs up

Thanks for the superb tutorial!

I've started my own using this tutorial, but I'll try to keep the sliding doors sliding :S

Oh god, the dreadnought just looks so cute when its being carried by the Storm Raven. Like a cat carrying a kitten. Storm Cat with Dreadkitten.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Sergeant

I've got to say that it's the best looking Stormraven out there right now. If I had the plastic skills God gave a monkey I might even try and build it. But lacking those I'll just sit back in awe and await pics of the Mk.II.

Aw heck, maybe I'll give it a go anyway. (looks surreptitiously over shoulder to see if wife is watching) It's only money after all. Off to E-bay to find a cheap Valkyrie and a Whirlwind sprue.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Oh god, the dreadnought just looks so cute when its being carried by the Storm Raven. Like a cat carrying a kitten. Storm Cat with Dreadkitten.
    Indeed it does.

Actually that'd make an awesome in itself - Dreadkitten. With the DCCW modeled to look like cat claws.

Librarian

Thanks for the tut man, didn't think that beast was something I can see myself making!
    "STUPIDITY, If your going to do it, go for GOLD!"

Brother-Sergeant

In addition to the excellent conversion, you've given it a nice paint job as well
    "What is the air speed of an unladen valkyrie?"
    "Lucian or Martian pattern valkyrie?"

Veteran-Sergeant

Thats is a sweet conversion and the paint job is the good chocolate fudge icing on the top :P

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast