BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

At least that we're hearing about.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Then don't give the big boys reasons enough to sue you, and have your assets frozen?

But of course, GW = BADIRTY. Everyone else = sweetlysaints....
    Well, to be fair, GW has a bad history with this kind of stuff, like when they threatened to sue fan sites over using art (like what BoLS does all the time) at the same time as they were featuring links to (with screenshots of) websites that used said art, creating a double-standard. Their legal department has always been pretty ridiculous.

It's also strange that GW never went after these other companies. Kromlech's bits are clearly made to go with GW products. There's a company featured on BoLS all the time that makes blatant Chaos models and upgrades. Other manufacturers make stuff specifically to fit on GW models, or even whole models to fit into GW armies (some with disturbing results, like the one Tau "sniper"... if you've seen it, you know the one I mean).

Who knows? I'm so far from an expert on these things it's not even funny.

But.....CH did like to parade around forums, lad-in-hand crowing about how it's all legal and above board, lauding themselves as 'the company that has shown the way'.

It's entirely possible they rubbed someone up the wrong way, and got a lawsuit in return.

Either way - it's not like their offerings are particularly good sculpts.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

It's also strange that GW never went after these other companies. Kromlech's bits are clearly made to go with GW products.
    Eastern Europe. Not worth trying most of the time.

Chapterhouse is pretty much dead because companies like Chapterhouse are only viable as long as the company they provide aftermarket product for is doing well. So in fairness, Games Workshop did kill Chapterhouse, albeit by going to a shrinking player base. Remember, Games Workshop has only remained in the black by closing stories, pink slipping employees, etc. which means and overall reduction in gaming population. Aftermarket products feed demand. Their profit margins are based on overflow volume. Games Workshop doesn't have much of that left anymore. It barely has enough for itself.

A bit far fetched.
    What GW did was telling the Judge that he should freeze Chapterhouses money for the time the trial is going on. There is not a lot of businesses that can go on despite having no money for more than a month to pay for rent, employees and suppliers. This is how you kill a small business even if you fail at court.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Then don't give the big boys reasons enough to sue you, and have your assets frozen?

But of course, GW = BADIRTY. Everyone else = sweetlysaints....
    Sorry Mr Mystery but this is a traditional tactic of bigger businesses all over the place. Specifically in America. It's called "Lawfare". My dear sweet father, Defenestratus Sr. has been going through this personally.

He has a commercial painting franchise who did some work for a notable large chain that rhymes with "Stall-Fart". Well into the 5-digit invoice. Dad's business met the conditions for fulfillment of the contract - yet the chain store never paid. Defenestratus Sr. decided whether to take them to court and decided that it wasn't worth it since the lawyers fees would outweigh the monies he'd receive from any judgement.

"Stall-fart" knew this, and thus is the reason why they didn't pay up.

Defenestratus Sr. is now in the process of trying to sell the business franchise to a new owner, and re-entering the workforce at the age of 67.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Sorry Mr Mystery but this is a traditional tactic of bigger businesses all over the place. Specifically in America. It's called "Lawfare". My dear sweet father, Defenestratus Sr. has been going through this personally.

He has a commercial painting franchise who did some work for a notable large chain that rhymes with "Stall-Fart". Well into the 5-digit invoice. Dad's business met the conditions for fulfillment of the contract - yet the chain store never paid. Defenestratus Sr. decided whether to take them to court and decided that it wasn't worth it since the lawyers fees would outweigh the monies he'd receive from any judgement.

"Stall-fart" knew this, and thus is the reason why they didn't pay up.

Defenestratus Sr. is now in the process of trying to sell the business franchise to a new owner, and re-entering the workforce at the age of 67.
    If it was a case of them trying to shut down a potential competitor game and background. Fair enough.

But CH were blatant, and crowed about it to anyone who would listen, and many who wouldn't.

Your Dad has my utmost sympathy - there is something very wrong with that situation.

But it's just not really a comparative to what CH brought down on themselves.

As for Caitsidhe? I think he needs to get out more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12