BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Fly Lord

Latest tidbits we've heard:

-Most units in the army are fleet
    -Army emphasizes heavy offense and can cause great damage the turn it arrives on table, but is extremely fragile
    -Units have various methods of "powering up" and becoming more powerful during the game as they rack up enemy kills
    -Harlequins are in
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post

-Army emphasizes heavy offense and can cause great damage the turn it arrives on table, but is extremely fragile
    -Units have various methods of "powering up" and becoming more powerful during the game as they rack up enemy kills
    -Harlequins are in
    All of that sounds good to me, I'm glad harlies are in... means they are not going to make us Chaos Eldar.

Has it become any clearer on which codex is next?

-Harlequins are in
    Well those all sound grand and juicy. I must say I have always had a soft spot for the DE, I am hoping that they are released by the end of this year so they become a Christmas objective. I like the power ups fueled by kills idea and Harlies sound very interesting.

I am curious as to how these rumours were brought to the fore, I mean they sounds kinda understood, minus the last and second to last. Either way I am happy to see them get a release that is well deserved. Not to mention the smashing lineup they have for the DE army as a whole, Phil Kelly is writing it, Jes is sculpting it and I could not be more happier unless say the Warriors and Raiders are indeed first wave and amazing.

Chapter-Master

-Harlequins are in
    Ugh....

This either means they will be better than Wyches, which means no reason for Wyches, or be worse than Wyches, which means no reason for Harlies, since at the moment, both units fill the exact same role.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

One would hope Harlequins are made to fulfill a different role in the army than Wyches, though until we know for sure I share your concern.

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFo View Post
    Ugh....

This either means they will be better than Wyches, which means no reason for Wyches, or be worse than Wyches, which means no reason for Harlies, since at the moment, both units fill the exact same role.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Unless Phil figures a way to differentiate purpose. He could make wyches have alot of attacks with poison for horde opponents, and tailor the Harlequins towards MEQ's.

Just my thought.

I mean GW has been notorious for making two units do the same thing, which makes you choose down to aesthetics and taste. I will say that with Harlequins and Wyches, this will be a difficult decision.

Maybe that we'll be able to take wyches as troops with a SC. Or maybe that Harley will be stronger but more expansive and their unit will be smaller.
    Harley with the shadowseer are a good counter-charge unit, Wyches are better in assault role.
    There are a lot of ways to give to these two units different role.
    Last edited by Oxeed II; 04-08-2010 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxeed II View Post
    Maybe that we'll be able to take wyches as troops with a SC. Or maybe that Harley will be stronger but more expansive and their unit will be smaller.
    Harley with the shadowseer are a good counter-charge unit, Wyches are better in assault role.
    There are a lot of ways to give to these two units different role.
    Yeah that is what I was thinking of along those lines. I think thats what will happen.

Fly Lord

I for one am really happy about the Harly rumors, as it justified by fluff. Heck if they ever made an Exodite codex in 20 years, Harlys should be in it as well.

The more interesting thing would be what the unit says about the background of the Harlys. If every codex has a cookie cutter Harly entry, then we assume the Troups stay pretty much the same and move from place to place through the webway. If the unit entry is divergent, then we have the concept of specialization or sects occuring within the Troupes as they tailor themselves to their audiences.

A win for us fluff nutters either way.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Well, I got a new tid-bit of information today. my friend from the local GW shop who had told me DE are due in August told me just today that Dark Eldar are now due this Summer and Grey Knights are due in August.

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast