BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chaplain

Default New Blood Angel army lists?

After having the chance to read through the new codex I was thinking about how the new rules would affect my army list.

I've always enjoyed fielding large numbers of jump pack troops but having to run them across the board can lead to high numbers of casualties from enemy shooting and my poor rolling on difficult terrain tests. Now with descent of angels making deep striking more reliable and Sanguinary priest conferring FNP on nearby squads they should prove more hardy.

In addition Death company troops are now optional (OK so they were optional in the pdf but technically you were still paying for them whether you took them or not) will we see fewer death company troops on the board. Or with the options for combat weapons they now have will we see larger tooled up squads?

I've always loved dreadnoughts but never really seem to field any, they are usually the first thing to get cut from my lists when I realise I've over spent. However after reading the new rules for the Furioso I'm seriously considering fielding at least one armed with blood claws in a drop pod or hanging off the back of a Storm Raven if and when GW get around to producing a model.

I'm curious what anybody else who has had a chance to read the codex thinks. How do you think it will affect the army you field or, for the enemies of the sons of sanguinius, how do you think it will affect what you see on the other side of the table?

First-Captain

DC are distraction and hold units, not hammer blow units in my opinion, Im hoping to do a skitarii army based on BA list due to tanks and they seem to be their to be annoying and tie up to help u deal the killing blow

Chaplain

I've always used them as such too but with the addition of a few power weapons and the new version of litanies of hate which allows you to re-roll missed hits and failed wounds they could be pretty powerful. They took care of a berserker squad pretty handily in this months issue of WD and if they hadn't been pounced on by Abbadon I think they would have been good to go for more.

So you'll be going for a tank heavy list then? Will you be taking advantage of the Deep Striking Land Raiders? Could be a very tense scatter role lol

First-Captain

nope current idea is scouts, libby and assult in rhino, 2 dreads in stormraven and other things

Chaplain

Yeah the idea of Furioso Dreads in Storm Ravens really appeal to me at the moment.

Other things? Does this mean that the Ad Mech will finally be getting their hands on a Baal Predator lol?

Battle-Brother

im gonna be running a list with sanguinor dante 3 units of sanguinary guard with accompanying sanguinary priest (slightly depressing that with a few extras that comes to 1500 points but oh well)

First-Captain

they have had it for years, they need make it dnt they??? and anyway who better to test the proto storm raven

Chaplain

No the Ad Mech don't have the plans for the Baal. The STC it was based on was recovered by the Blood Angels around the time of the Great Crusade, I think. They took it back to Baal and didn't share it with anyone other than their successors.

@ Captainsinon. Let me know that goes. Should be pretty mean in combat but getting there is going to be hard

P.S. I've just spotted it was a Thousand Son squad not the Berserkers that the Death Company tore through.
    Last edited by pgarfunkle; 03-28-2010 at 02:00 PM.

Chapter-Master

I have been reading through the dex.

I am excited to see how the codex is balanced!

Predator Annihilators are ~180 points! But are FAST!

Deep Striking a Land Raider is really cool, but you will need a locator Beacon to ensure proper placement.

Watch out for Hydras if you field a Storm Raven, they'll chew it to pieces.

Interesting side note: there are no Terminator Armored Special Characters. If you want a terminator hero, ya gotta make your own. What is nice, though, is the Sanguinary Priest can take Terminator Armor again! (Feel No Pain, Furious Charge Terminators! w00t!)

Here's a basic list I am thinking about...

HQ
    Master Garibaldi
    Terminator Captain w/ Lightning Claws

TROOPS
    Death Company
    ~5-7 Marines, Power Weapon, Powerfist
    Dedicated Transport: Rhino
    Callistar, the Determined
    Death Co. Dread, Hv Flamer, Magna Grapple
    Dedicated Transport: Drop Pod, Locator Beacon, Deathwind Launcher
    Tactical Squad Sol
    10 Marines, Combi-melta, Powerfist, Teleport Homer, Meltagun
    Dedicated Transport: Razorback, Assault Cannons
    Assault Squad Luna
    10 Marines, Hand Flamers (3), Power Weapon
    Dedicated Transport: Rhino

ELITES
    Sanguinary Priest Shaharrim
    Priest, Terminator Armor
    Codicer Leximarti
    Furioso, Librarian, Frag Launcher, Extra Armor, Magna Grapple, Blood Lance, Wings of Sanguinius
    Terminator Squad Tenacious
    10 Terminators, Hv Flamer, Assault Cannon
    Dedicated Transport: Land Raider Redeemer, Extra Armor, Multi-melta

Hv SUPPORT
    Vindicator
    Siege Shield
    Pred Destuctor
    Lascannon Sponsons
    Pred Destructor
    Lascannon Sponsons
    Last edited by Tynskel; 03-28-2010 at 06:01 PM.

I think the BA might act sorta like a slower, more resiliant DE. in the sens that i could see 6 razerbacks with no jump pack marines in side and a Las/ tled plas turret on top, while fast vindicators fly around droping shells, and points permitting, Outflanking Baals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast