BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Fire Warrior Squad Size?

The new Fire warrior box set only comes with 10 models. The Breacher Fire Warrior squad has a maximum of 10 guys. If anyone has the in-box pamphlet, can they tell me how big the regular old Fire Warrior Strike Squad can be?

Last codex was 6-12 models, but if that is still the case, you need to buy multiple boxes to field a squad at full strength.
    "There's no use permitting some prophet of doom to wipe all your smiles away!"

Fire warrior strike squad is 5 minimum, may add up to 7 more.

All other options identical...plus addition of support turret.
    Last edited by StarWarsDoug; 10-23-2015 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by son_of_volmer View Post
    Last codex was 6-12 models, but if that is still the case, you need to buy multiple boxes to field a squad at full strength.
    Yeah that sounds like a classic GW move.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by LCS View Post
    Yeah that sounds like a classic GW move.
    Does it? I can't think of any other boxes where the max unit size isn't a multiple of the number you get in the box. Ork Boyz actually, because you get 11 if you choose to make a Nob but you can use his bits to make a regular Ork easily enough.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    Does it? I can't think of any other boxes where the max unit size isn't a multiple of the number you get in the box. Ork Boyz actually, because you get 11 if you choose to make a Nob but you can use his bits to make a regular Ork easily enough.
    Necron Warriors. A box of 12 for a unit that goes from 10-20 since the box was built.

Necron Tomb Blades. A box of 3 for a unit that goes 3-10, also since the unit was introduced.

Kroot Carnivores. A box of 16 for a unit that goes 10-20, also since the unit was introduced.

Those are the ones I can think of off hand for 40K. Fantasy has a few 1 model unit Monsters that come two in a box.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    Necron Warriors. A box of 12 for a unit that goes from 10-20 since the box was built.

Necron Tomb Blades. A box of 3 for a unit that goes 3-10, also since the unit was introduced.

Kroot Carnivores. A box of 16 for a unit that goes 10-20, also since the unit was introduced.

Those are the ones I can think of off hand for 40K. Fantasy has a few 1 model unit Monsters that come two in a box.
    So yeah, hardly any then. Out of the whole game. So its not really "classic GW move"

Chapter-Master

I would say the 12 model fire warrior squad is for the benefit of players with existing armies who have squads of twelve, not for making new players buy more boxes.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

First-Captain

Indeed the dick move would be to make it 10 strong maximum and leave existing players with a load of useless firewarriors

Veteran-Sergeant

Back in the day (2nd Ed) GW would sell a box of six plastic tactical marines, then you could buy a sergeant in a blister, a special weapon in a blister and a heavy weapon in a blister.
    "There's no use permitting some prophet of doom to wipe all your smiles away!"

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    Indeed the dick move would be to make it 10 strong maximum and leave existing players with a load of useless firewarriors
    Or more squads...
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast