BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Abbess Sanctorum

Really just female heads on Space Marine armor is good enough. Despite what many people believe, the boob cups aren't necessary for the normal female anatomy (Even for particularly endowed indivdiuals, it's nowhere enough to need the sisters' boob cups). Most of these people fail at anatomy.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

The best excuse for it I've found was that it was stylised musculature armour, similar Greek an Roman muscle cuirasses. For SoB it is to show the whole 'women at arms' thing, for FSM just showing off I guess.
    Still not putting breasts on my Space Kittens.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    Really just female heads on Space Marine armor is good enough. Despite what many people believe, the boob cups aren't necessary for the normal female anatomy (Even for particularly endowed indivdiuals, it's nowhere enough to need the sisters' boob cups). Most of these people fail at anatomy.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Ssyrie View Post
    I remember finding this pic a long time ago: [url]http://www.coolminiornot.net/159605[/url]

The description says it's 200mm (about 8 inches), but it's still really nice work.
    That pose just screams of "b*tch".
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

Chaplain

Have to say i have a freind that would make a whole army of Female SM's if he could, i like the pose, and he'd go nuts if only he could do conversions himself.
    "Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

Add "Doctor Thunder" to your female space marine searches. He was part of the (I believe) defunct Phoenix Club who made lots of female conversions. Thunder made at least two full size (actually quite large) female space marine armies and laid out pretty clear examples of how to do it. He's a nice guy and I'm pretty sure he'd give you a hand / encouragement if you asked.

The armies were a sort of lavender color and (the better looking in my opinion) Black Widows chapter were predictably black, white and red.

EDIT: Oh, here, the Black Widows. [url]http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/213002.page[/url]
    Last edited by navajas; 03-29-2010 at 09:32 AM.

I agree that it's unnecessary to add the boobs... however, stylisticly, the boobs clearly indicate the models are female... it's just a visual clue that says, "this model is female."

Consider the picture of the female Spartan... it could have been a flat carapace... but sometimes we use unnecessary flourishes in art to make our points...

cheers...

Abbess Sanctorum

Even if you intend to do it, you don't have to do it as stupidly blatant as the Sisters' chestplate.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Even if you intend to do it, you don't have to do it as stupidly blatant as the Sisters' chestplate.
    Fair. To me it is akin to Melodrama. In melodramas actors use visual clues to represent things. The villain is given a twirly black moustache. The heroine gets long blond tresses. These visual markers are part of the history of that form of theatre and audiences quickly identify the characters in melodramas based on said visual clues.

I could just put female heads on Space Marine torsos. Clearly, the power armor would hide any gender distinctions. Heck, I could make it easy on myself and just make them all have helmets and then just TELL people that there are women in the armor. I don't think that would be as visually or artisticly interesting, though. I want an army that makes people instantly know they are looking at female space marines. "Oh, cool! Those are Women Space Marines!" would be the instant reaction I was looking for. Slimmer waists, breast plates, and long hair are instant cultural indicators that you are looking at a female mini... so I definitely think I'll put busts on them...

Abbess Sanctorum

Just so long as they are tastefully done. I don't like the ones the Sisters have, they're just too much.

Hi Guy sI just want to go slightly off topic, to just say "Nice one" I haven't used a 40K/Fantasy forum for years, and to be honest when i saw the topic Female Space marines it made my blood run cold, not because i think its a bad idea far from it.

The reason fro the terror was that i used tobe a member of Librarium online (anyone who frequents that forum will realise why i'm no loger a member) and the last time female space marines were even mentioned, it resulted in a 100+ post long flame war about how it wold never happen why, who, etc etc. No Modelling info was discussed only a massive argument by narrow minded hyper purists

Guy i want to say thanks, i don't want to sound arrogant but the maturity of the discussions posted have made me want to stay using this forum.

Nice one

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast