BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Regardless of maths I still doubt GW would have done this, so again I highly doubt you can still take squads of 12.

Oh and grow up.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Reliable rumour mongers have confirmed they remain 12 strong.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

they are still available in twelve man squads. this is not a rumour, it is on the instruction sheet for building fire warriors. strike teams in 12, and breachers in 10
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by RGilbert26 View Post
    Regardless of maths I still doubt GW would have done this, so again I highly doubt you can still take squads of 12.
    Ok, I'll bite, why do you doubt it? The case for 12 man teams of fire warriors is,

1. It doesn't alienate the Tau players who have bought, based and converted 12 man squads over the last decade plus, and
    2. It means newbs will be tempted to buy more boxes, heaven forefend GW might consider this 'A Good Thing'

What's the case against 12 man teams?

Quote Originally Posted by RGilbert26 View Post
    Oh and grow up.
    Make me.

(You're much funnier on TV btw.)
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Chapter-Master

the new fire warrior set comes with everything you need to make 13 fire warriors other than bases and torsos. so if you are desperate to make an extra couple, you can do it quite easily.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    the new fire warrior set comes with everything you need to make 13 fire warriors other than bases and torsos. so if you are desperate to make an extra couple, you can do it quite easily.
    Now that is good to know.

I have 4 teams from the good old days, so I'm not exactly in the market, but ta.

It's too long ago to remember the particulars, but I do recall having enough spare bitz from my original Tau enthusiasm to covert an embedded journalist with fuzzy ball mic, a cameraman and a bodyguard standing drinking a beer.

I guess these days I'd use them as objective makers.
    Last edited by Cutter; 10-26-2015 at 06:57 AM.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Chapter-Master

the sprues are jam packed, ten strike team helmets, ten breacher, ten pulse rifles, ten carbines, ten blasters, three or four bare heads, twenty shoulder pads...

Librarian

You almost make it sound tempting...

But no, I will remain strong.

Chapter-Master

well I bought three boxes of the new fire warriors, and if I went online and bought ten more fire warrior or pathfinder torsos, I would have enough bits left over from the three boxes to make another squad of ten. if you bought one new box you could add a nice sprinkling of bits to old fire warriors too.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    well I bought three boxes of the new fire warriors, and if I went online and bought ten more fire warrior or pathfinder torsos, I would have enough bits left over from the three boxes to make another squad of ten. if you bought one new box you could add a nice sprinkling of bits to old fire warriors too.
    Get thee behind me santa...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast