BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Skitarii, Blind and Infiltrators

If you have a unit of Sicarian Infiltrators, with the Princepts with a conversion field, if he saves a wound with it and a nearby (aka Melee) enemny unit was Blinded (reduced to Ws and Bs 1) because of this, due to the Neurostatic Aura the enemny unit would go down to Ws and Bs 0 (it doesn't state a minimum).

In the rules book it states that a model that drops to Ws or Bs 0 dies,

can anyone confirm this?

You need to check the exact wording due to the order modifiers are stacked- set values are applied after all other modifiers so stay fixed- Blind likely sets the values at Ws and Bs 1, so this will be applied after +/- and multipliers, meaning the affected models stay at Ws and Bs 1. I don't have my rulebook on me at the moment to confirm this though.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Chapter-Master

It does not say a ws or bs 0 model dies. It says they can't make their respective attacks. A str or toughness 0 model dies.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Haighus View Post
    You need to check the exact wording due to the order modifiers are stacked- set values are applied after all other modifiers so stay fixed- Blind likely sets the values at Ws and Bs 1, so this will be applied after +/- and multipliers, meaning the affected models stay at Ws and Bs 1. I don't have my rulebook on me at the moment to confirm this though.
    If BS hits 0 nothing happens (just they can't shoot) if WS reach 0 they can't hit and any melee attack on them automatically hits without rolling any dice.

but if i'm not mistaken it's multiplicative, additions/substractions and finally set values. So it would be -1 due Neurostatic aura then blind (as it's a set value of 1)
    Last edited by Perversor; 10-26-2015 at 06:21 PM.

Banned

When it comes to Multiple Modifiers, neither timing nor aoe is ever a consideration, just the type.

Multiples and Divisives are determined first "at the same time". Then Additives and Subtractives are determined "at the same time". Finally, any set values are put in place.

It does not matter if the Set Value is applied first in time and then a subtractive is placed on the model. The Set Value has primacy and will still be applied last after the subractive modifier is in place.

So, it would be changing the WS/BS by -1, THEN setting them to 1.

I don't like this game. Its very confusing. Action games are more interesting. Recently i heard that Starcraft 2 legacy of the void is going to get launch. I am eagerly waiting for this game. I have already pre ordered the game from [URL="http://www.instant-gaming.com/fr/282-acheter-cle-battlenet-starcraft-2-legacy-of-the-void/"]this site[/URL].