BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Legacy of Caliban trilogy

I just finished book 2, so I am not ready for any spoilers yet, but the whole entire trilogy seems to be based on a recording found from Chaplain Boreas.
    I honestly don't remember who that is, but, and without giving much away, the recording sounds vaguely similar to a Dark Angels short story I read YEARS ago, about a 5-man squad with their own keep on a recruiting planet, and the squad gets infected with something diabolical virus. With the decision falling to their Chaplain (don't remember who) they opt to spare the planet from the disease and atmospherically seal themsleves inside their keep, never to be seen again..... <-- anyone remember this story? And if so, is this new trilogy based on the short story?

Veteran-Sergeant

The story you mention is Angels of Darkness by Gav Thorpe - [URL="http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Angels_of_Darkness_(Novel)"]http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Angels_of_Darkness_(Novel)[/URL]

Without giving anything away that you don't already know, you're right, there are links between that novel and the Legacy of Caliban trilogy.

i FRIKKIN NEW IT!!!!
    Thanks for the clarification on that, jamesP.
    One thing I could use clarification on, what with the DA's being so obsessed with tracking down traitors, is: was Boreas a traitor? Some of the DA hold him in high esteem, and others curse his work.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, and should have read the article first prior to posting. That book from 2003 is COMPLETELY related tot his trilogy! Characters, events, and places from Angels of Darkness (2003) are referenced frequently.
    Last edited by Jmaximum; 10-28-2015 at 12:28 PM.