BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is worthy?

Default Who is worthy?

Afternoon.

So last year I ran a sneaky sweepstake in a silly thread, and gave away £50 worth of models.

The jammy sod winner plumped for a Nightlords Contemptor complete with Power Claws, and very happy they were too.

This year, I'm going to do the same, with the prize to be sent in late November. However rather than a straight forward secret sweepstake, I want to nominations of posters, or indeed friends of posters, who you feel could do with a little lift in life.

Could be they're a solid person and do a lot of work for others - charity, teaching, Scouting etc.

Perhaps they've not had a particular great year (don't need to know specifics. This is a giveaway, not a sob story)

Maybe you just think they're really fun to be around and that. It's your nomination, and your own parameters for nomination. (only one nomination per poster though, so choose your nominee carefully)

Either way, put in your nominations for the sweepstake. Every nomination puts their name in the hat (well, colander. It's a JosephJoseph colander, so quite posh).

Prize is the same again - £50 (or local currency equivalent) in GW vouchers, or if wanting Forgeworld, up to £50GBP of models sent to the winner via myself.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Well, being the epitome of evil and all myself, I'm clearly out of the running.

But I'll throw in my friend's name, Kevin Shafer. Can't say much on how his personal life is going (it's not my place to share that kind of stuff, good or bad), but in hobby terms, he's been even more down on the hobby in general than I have. Sold a lot of his GW stuff, has gotten some other games, but doesn't really get to a store to play them. Seems like he's just so depressed about the way things went that he doesn't care to play games (and it didn't help that some of the people at the GW store started playing more and more beatstick style games and having a snide attitude toward people who play just to have fun and put together armies with a theme, not designed to just smash in the opposing player). So, yeah, he could use a lift with the hobby. He is a fun person to play against, though. Makes up his own fluff for his army, converts and paints stuff, is building a terrained table to play on, doesn't complain when he loses, doesn't rub it in when he wins, and only razzes me about some of my cheeky tricks (like an invisible Knight wading through a pit of Guardsmen) because he knows I'm okay with it and will give back as good as I get.

Dude, it's an open nomination sweepstake. If someone nominates you, you're in with a chance
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

I'd nominate Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer for being so supportive of my projects on here.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

I can't really think of anyone to nominate as I'm not really involved around here much anymore.

As much as I love Asymmetrical Xeno's projects, and would nominate him, he doesn't tend to use standard GW kits.

I think my nomination would be better used on Kirsten, her Tau are looking stonking. (Y)
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Veteran-Sergeant

I'm not really on here very often due to work and commitments as a foster parent (newborns are fun but really put a damper on internet/hobby time) but I would like to nominate Eldergal. I always make time to check out the Crash course in Feminism thread and her posts and comments there always help me when talking to/understanding what my wife is saying when talking about those issues (and sometimes I have more access to data through that thread then my wife does and can inform her about things she may not have been aware of).

First-Captain

I was that jammy sod! And I was indeed happy
    I finally put him together last week (yes it took that long) and intend to paint him real soon as I have now done some tests schemes for my night Lords. I will think about a nomination but no one jumps out. Can I nominate you mystery?

Nah.

I spend far too much on me as it is!

First-Captain

Can I nominate myself but not for my own benefit, on the proviso that if I win, I will paint and prep the models to a high standard and either auction or raffle them with the procedes being donated to Poppy's Angels, a really worthy cause supporting a great wargamer's family as they go through their little girl having cancer? Tomorrow I'll be taking part in a 24 hour painting marathon in support of the cause too.

I guess so

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast