BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Returning to the hobby after a few years out

Hey all! I used to play 40k back in the days of fifth edition, and am just getting back into the hobby. Lots of new stuff to learn! Anyway, going back to my old favourites, the Nids!

Not looking at anything overly competitive, but just something that I can have some fun with (and won't get crushed every game!

1500 point list:

HQ - 220
    Hive Tyrant - 165
    Wings - 35
    Lash whip and bone sword - 20

The Swarmlord - 285

Tyrant Guard x2 - 100

TROOPS - 180
    Termagants x20 - 80

Hormagaunts x20 - 100

ELITES - 150
    Zoanthropes x3 - 150

FAST ATTACK - 385
    Gargoyles x20 - 120

Gargoyles x20 - 120

Harpy - 135
    Stinger salvo - 10

HEAVY SUPPORT - 180
    Tyrannofex - 175
    Fleshborer hive - 5

2000 points - (1997) as before, plus

Venomthropes x2 - 90

Genestealers x8 - 112
    Broodlord - 60

Termagants x10 (added to previous unit) - 40

Tervigon - 195

Thoughts? Not enough synapse? Not enough troops? Really just love the idea of a swam of flying Nids pouncing on the enemy in the second turn!

Welcome back to 40K. Though I admit I don't play a ton of games per year I do enjoy collecting, painting and watching battle reports. I also "play" nids what few games I get to play. I see a common unit being Venomthropes. I also enjoy running warriors but I also run a very gaunt heavy list and I always enjoy my games. Personal preference is I don't get much use from my genestealers but that's just me. Overall I think you have a solid list with a lot of fun units to paints if that's what you enjoy. Swarmlord has been a beat box for me but is spendy. I run it because its fun. I by no means am a tyranid expert but the models you have listed aren't a bad start. Happy gaming.