BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Occuli Imperator

Default Paradox buys White Wolf, World of Darkness, Vampire: The Masquerade from CCP

I am totes excited about this news.

Paradox Interactive has acquired the White Wolf license from CCP Games, everything!

Paradox Interactive's CEO and president, Fredrik Wester, added that "like Paradox’s games, White Wolf’s properties have dedicated, passionate communities. While there are similarities in spirit, White Wolf’s IPs have very different themes than Paradox’s titles, and deserve their own brand and team".

Now, there is only one thing that they HAVE TO DO

Make Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

Love that game so much, and it introduced me to Lacuna Coil and Tiamat
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

yes to The Masquerade and Lacuna Coil
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

I never want to see another Vampire: The Masquerade or Requiem computer game. NEVER.

I say this as a man who owns every book White Wolf ever released for either of those two systems.

The STUPID bloody online game that took ten years to develop and WENT F*CKING NOWHERE were a waste of everyone's time and money, and IT COMPLETELY KILLED THE TABLETOP ROLEPLAYING GAME. SO F*CK COMPUTER GAMES.

I'd much rather have my tabletop RPG's back, thank you very much.

*sigh*

Every other month, a new sourcebook to read. This one on the Sabbat, that one on the Black Hand, the next one on how to run a blood cult. Then along came Requiem, and it was even better - you could use everything from Masqeurade in Requiem, only the system made much more sense.

Then came Promethean: The Created, which is the greatest RPG ever written bar none. BAR F*CKING NONE.

Where are my new World of Darkness RPG books now? Only print-on-demand, or else pdf.

F*ck pdfs.

So I will NEVER forgive computer games from taking my beloved World of Darkness from me.

NEVER.

Some days I miss it so, so much...

Last edited by YorkNecromancer; 10-29-2015 at 04:27 PM.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Chapter-Master

Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines was utterly amazing.

True. But they won't make that. They'll have another go at claiming that sweet, sweet World of Warcraft money, only to fail as hard as every other company does.

And then it'll be thirty years and I'll be looking at retirement before we get a new, decent White Wolf tabletop RPG.

WHY CAN'T THEY JUST PLAY TO THEIR STRENGTHS?!

WHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYY?!!!

Chapter-Master

we shall see

I am loving the Exalted campaign that I am in at the moment.

Y'know, on a more positive, similar note.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

I could never get into Exalted. Seemed like it had really good background, and some very well thought-out ideas, and everyone I know who has played it loves it.

I think I just like my games set in the real world and as truly, horrendously, horribly bleak-beyond-all-comprehension as possible. Scary is good; horrifying is better; but soul-destroying is best. The kind of games that make grown men take up smoking again (managed that once). The kind of games that make men cry in genuine despair (managed that once too). The kind of games that just leave people ruined, hollowed-out husks of who they were, questioning why they ever agreed to play this insanely horrible game in the first place, but unable to quit either because they're just so into it.

*sigh*

Maybe one day.

Maybe one day.

I suppose that falls to the GM to create the atmosphere. Our GM is really, really good.
    Minor plotpoints becoming major plotpoints 5 years down the line, genuine puzzles, social traps, tension, challenge. Our GM is soooooooo good.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Always lovely when you have a great GM.

It's a difficult job to do well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast