BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    I could never get into Exalted. Seemed like it had really good background, and some very well thought-out ideas, and everyone I know who has played it loves it.

I think I just like my games set in the real world and as truly, horrendously, horribly bleak-beyond-all-comprehension as possible. Scary is good; horrifying is better; but soul-destroying is best. The kind of games that make grown men take up smoking again (managed that once). The kind of games that make men cry in genuine despair (managed that once too). The kind of games that just leave people ruined, hollowed-out husks of who they were, questioning why they ever agreed to play this insanely horrible game in the first place, but unable to quit either because they're just so into it.

*sigh*

Maybe one day.

Maybe one day.
    Yep. That's definitely Promethean! Absolutely fantastic setting - but sadly not really one for TTRPG NooBs.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines was utterly amazing.
    But it was glitchy as ****, the fan made patches made it playable.

I mean, you had to do the tutorial otherwise you would never collect a lock pick

The game was great and I loed that there was more than one way to solve a problem, especially if you were derranged.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

I was always deranged. Argument with a stop sign, proverb from a man on tv talking to me...
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

So I will NEVER forgive computer games from taking my beloved World of Darkness from me.
    How on earth did computer games take WoD from you?
    If it were not for CCP White Wolf would have gone forever already in 2006 when they run out of money cause Requiem failed hard.

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    I was always deranged. Argument with a stop sign, proverb from a man on tv talking to me...
    My favourite line was talking to someone and convinceing her that you were her pet turtle that she flushed down the loo. Awesome
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

it was magical

Occuli Imperator

Might have to dig it out and play it again

Hmmm...

Pretty glad I've never played that game as a Malkav. Reminds me too much of the terrible numpties you'd get showing up at LARP events, handing out brussels sprouts and generally being 'wacky'.

Internal reaction:

My external reaction was to roll the eyes, walk away, and then make sure everything possible was done to have those particular walking Masquerade breaches killed. 95% of Malkavs are intensely, intensely tedious, and are basically waiting to be staked by an irritated Prince and left for the sun.

The remaining 5% are legitimately some of the most terrifying motherf*ckers you'll ever meet.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Chapter-Master

I consider myself one of the 5%...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12