BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Merellin View Post
    Well, With Good I dont mean super strong, I dont want super strong armies.. (Thats why I avoid regular eldar and stopped playing necrons, They are too strong so nobody enjoys facing them..) But I still wantto be able to stand a chance at getting close matches and not get roflstomped every match because thats not fun for either player. As long as the matches are close, I dont mind if I win or lose.
    The attitude that just because someone plays a specific army that they aren't enjoyable to play against is a pervasive ideology that must be destroyed.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

I only play Eldar/Harlies. I will not give up the army I have played since 1990/1991 just because of other people's opinions ( *air quotes* facts). So every time Eldar rise in power, I tend to get crap until I kindly point out that it is the only army I have played since before some of the people I have played against were born. They quickly quiet down at that point.

And because I enjoy the army, if I am tending to ROLFStomp people, I try to mix it up. 2 weeks ago, I played a 500 point guardian host... and I got destroyed. The only reason it was "close" was because we were doing a maelstrom game. But it was an experiment and I had fun because I enjoy the army and the story behind it.

TL;DR - Play what you want, others be damned =)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12