BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 'Colonel' Millia Quaritch

Millia Quaritch was a farmer. Life was safe, secure and dull. Then war broke out and her entire family was killed.

So she did the only logical thing: she sold the farm that had been in her family's hands for ten generations and used the proceeds to buy a decomissioned Arbitrator Sentinel. Going to war, she would show up on battlefields unannounced and immediately charge to where the enemy was strongest, crashing the Sentinel into heavy infantry formations, and attempting to kick them all to death.

As the years progressed, she earned the notice of the Astra Militarum, who endeavoured to recruit her. They failed miserably, as the woman refused to follow any kind of orders whatsoever. Her fame with the Guard was sealed when a deeply hated Commissar named Feroc attempted to shoot her for insubordination. She headbutted him, explained that as a civilian, he had no authority over her, and proceeded to beat him to death bareknuckled, right in front of his command squad. Feroc's death did more for the Guard's morale than the Commissar's life had ever accomplished, and after that, Quaritch was untouchable - all future attempts to in any way impede or order the woman met with a steely wall of Guards who would rather die than let 'Colonel' Quaritch be held back in any way.

Over the years, Quaritch has slowly worked on her faithful Sentinel, 'Death F*ck', adapting it precisely for her personal needs. Still driven by a need to face the enemy immediately and as closely as possible, she's stripped off all the armour save a basic roll-cage, all while turbo-charging the engine using modified melta-cells as an accelerant. In combination with a set of entirely unique melee weapons adapted from old logging equipment, 'Colonel' Quaritch remains a devastating terror on the battlefield, following no orders save her own, racing headlong into as many of the enemy as she can, surviving each and every battle through little more than pure, unadulterated rage, her personal High Gothic motto declaring 'Pedicabo ego donec mortuus es'; a terrifying challenge to all she might face.

(She 'counts as' Penitent Engine with my Adepta Sororitas army, or a Scout Sentinel with Heavy Flamer with my Astra Militarum.)
    Last edited by YorkNecromancer; 10-31-2015 at 05:44 PM.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Chapter-Master

she looks fantastic
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Won an eBay auction bloody ages ago (three years maybe?) and it had a pair of Sentinels that were just ruined. So in the Dettol they went and I promptly forgot all about them until a couple of weeks ago, when I finally got round to stripping them. The paint mostly came off but left them massively dinged up, so I just started gluing what I could, binning what I couldn't save, and by the time I had half a cockpit, I figured maybe I could make a melee-centric Sentinel like Quaritch's custom mech suit in 'Avatar'. A few paperclips bent into a rollcage later and it was looking pretty good.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Chapter-Master

always good to re-purpose old stuff
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Niiiice. Extra props for the models involved being a rescue case. That, and I enjoy there being a small degree of Imperial Guard fiction concerning the brutal methods of commissars and the ilk breaking down in the face of the better side of human nature - one of the few places a somewhat optimistic outlook works in 40k.

If I were facing you, I'd definitely agree for that model to be fielded as a Penitent Engine regardless of what the rest of the army was. Rules are a perfect fit for it.

Chaplain

Moral of the story, Never *bleep* with a red head, especially one with a 20 ft tall murder machine!

Nice build York, all though the Commissar was in the right, He did have the 'right' to order her about, as she was on 'his' battlefield, but I guess that doesn't really matter at this point =)
    C'est la vie. C'est l'amour. Cela est une pomme de terre.