BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Tau Bike-things?

Sorry if this is a re-post. I couldn't find anything in a search. I was watching the Youtube video below, when I noticed at about 0:09 seconds in - there are bike-looking things on the bases of the Stormsurge. Is there any information on these things? In case i cant post the video link (or if it doesn't work) the video is called "Warhammer 40k Open Day 2015" and was posted by "sinzaren".

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TcUONQX7YU[/url]

Sorry again if this is a re-post. I just haven't seen anyone talking about them, nor have i heard any rumblings.

PS. 1st time posting on BoLs!
    Last edited by The Girl; 11-04-2015 at 01:28 AM.

Brother-Captain

Nice spot. I've never heard of any mention of these, but they sure do look rather neat.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

In the open day thread they were described as being made of parts of the Ghostkeel and/or Stormsurge. Sorry, in a bit of a rush, don't have time to find the exact quote.

Librarian

damn, thats rather nifty

Chapter-Master

yeah, conversions out of ghostkeel and stormsurge parts, want to have a go at making my own at some point.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

They look like coelocanths with seats attached... Pretty awesome!
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Scout

That's a seriously expensive conversion!! I wish I had that kind of disposable income!! in truth though, if you want tau jetbikes, any suitable conversion with "Counts as Stealth suit" would probably be functional rules wise if the size is appropriate.

Oh, cool. ^^ I see they used shield generators for the wheels!

Forge World's [url=http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Tau-Pathfinder-Tetras]Tetras[/url] are non-kitbashed Tau jetbikes, and are a reliable source of markerlight hits that are less fragile than Pathfinders on foot. I wouldn't suggest buying Imperial Armoury 3 for the rules yet, though, since they are supposedly going to be updated like next year or something and the book is freaking expensive.