BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    True. Think the last time I looked they were £12?

But, I guess FW need to make up the slack elsewhere, given how popular Betrayal at Calth seems to be. That's a lot of money not going direct through their coffers any more.
    they are £12 for individual elements, like torsos, or heads, or shoulderpads. I paid something like £34 per set for ten torsos, heads, and pads, now they are £44. basically means there is no longer a saving on them.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Ouch.

But I guess one does have to weight it against the savings made if buying alongside Calth. Fantastic deal for those of us embarking upon our own personal Heresy, but bit of a bummer for those who have been part buying over the past few months (I would say years, but I doubt most if any hobbyists would take that long!)
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

If only Space Wolves were out...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Ouch.

But I guess one does have to weight it against the savings made if buying alongside Calth. Fantastic deal for those of us embarking upon our own personal Heresy, but bit of a bummer for those who have been part buying over the past few months (I would say years, but I doubt most if any hobbyists would take that long!)
    I don't mind too much, I will probably buy a set of five salamander torsos for sprucing up sergeants, and a load of pads, don't need the whole upgrade set
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    they are £12 for individual elements, like torsos, or heads, or shoulderpads. I paid something like £34 per set for ten torsos, heads, and pads, now they are £44. basically means there is no longer a saving on them.
    But they are splitting the UM ones which is great as I don't need many torsos when they're mostly for bolter marines, seems a waste for them

Librarian

Between this and some of the "you're not limited by the game!" Marketing copy on the site, one wonders why GW bothered with the board game facade in the first place.

Regardless, tho, this stuff is great, and GW deserves all of the unreserved success this line looks to be having.

Make it a board game, and it's a Chrimbo pressie for unsuspecting parents to give an unsuspecting sprog, then?

MOAR MUNNEH!

Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

well too bad the two Legions that I'd actually consider are just the ones that are still missing...
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrendian View Post
    well too bad the two Legions that I'd actually consider are just the ones that are still missing...
    Honestly, I'd love to do either of those legions but, I'd rather they take their time and make sure they're happy with the direction (which is by all accounts what has caused the delay) than rush out something they're not sure is the right direction, they're easily the most distictive looking legions and its fortunate their big even in the Heresy was together really!

On balance? I think I'm just going to plump for two copies of the core game on payday. These sets are nice, but I'd rather just have lots of Marines to get started, and buy the add ons as I go.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast