BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Chapter-Master

yup that is what I have done. I could easily buy a third set at some point too, such a great core of troops. I have written seven different legion army lists, and could use pretty much one set for each legion. Wont actually collect seven legions, that would be crazy... >.> but it shows how useful they are. get all the key plastic stuff, then resin as and when.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Is it me or are some of the infantry sets on the FW site MIA?

I am pretty sure there was a standard mkII assault squad. Now there is just the Legion mkII. Did the standard mkII even exist?

Apart from the Legion mkIV being sold out, has anyone noticed other items missing, or is it just my memory?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    yup that is what I have done. I could easily buy a third set at some point too, such a great core of troops. I have written seven different legion army lists, and could use pretty much one set for each legion. Wont actually collect seven legions, that would be crazy... >.> but it shows how useful they are. get all the key plastic stuff, then resin as and when.
    Yuparoo. I reckon FW will see sets of the Legion specific kits go up now. Entry bar has been dramatically lowered!

Me, I think three sets in total. Gives me 3 squads of 20 with Bolters for Fury of the Legion lols, plus 30 other marines - probably to be armed with Volkite, because irradiating your foe to death remains funny. And probably always will.

As well as lots of Terminators, a Contemptor Talon, and a handful of characters to swapsie and sell off etc.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

I am probably keeping the terminators separate, I generally only take one squad of terminators so for most legions that will be their unique version. so with a few spare squads I can do a Pride of the Legion force, or something like Iron Warriors who can take loads of terminators
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

First-Captain

With my plan to turn the boxes I've ordered into an Ultramarines and Word Bearers force, both of which can ally with my 2000 point Mechanicum Army (finally all finished), I am wonder to expand, I think I'll need at least another 10 Astartes to make into Word Bearer Legion Support Squads to but the Heavy/Special Weapons in when they're not used for the board game, I like the idea that, Post-Calth, the Ultramarines would start using the Legion Veteran Tactical Squads more so I'm happy to do those in Squads of 10 for the game and Horus Heresy. Where Word Bearers are sticking more to the established Legion doctrines but with gribbly bits and cool squads (hello there Ashen Circle and Gal Vorbak!) wonder how long we'll have to wait to see squad boxes (Saw one ebay reseller asking for £50 for 10 Tactical marines, which is just very bizarre)

Ah Ebay. Natural home of the greedy and parasitical.

I hope they got nowt for them. That would be most pleasing.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123