BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default When playing age of sigmar do you aim for fluff?

Just a curious question to you enjoy playing age of sigmar with fluffy army's/narrative and what books do you mostly use?

As for me I use bloodbound formations from the khorne bloodbound battletome and the realm of fire with missions in that campaign book the last narrative campaign I did with some friends was.

The watchtower mission
    If invaders won then it was The ritual mission
    If defenders won then it was Stand or Die mission

It was so much fun and very themed because I played khorne wile the other person played storm casts I lost unfortunately those stormcasts hit hard.
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

i like to field forces that are reflective of what you read about. My khorne army always has reavers, for example. However most of my area will field the items that are mechanically the best.

I find reavers are mechanically strong so long as you play careful and get off a good totem alpha strike with your reavers they can tear through a surprising amount of stuff

Mostly though I build fluff, like I'll take the missions from the book but we'll makeup reasons why the armies are fighting and what they're trying to achieve. The contextualization makes it more enjoyable, it's more than just two soldiers crashing into each other

Still at the 'take what I fancy' stage, mostly because Ironguts are just so amusingly hard!

But, once I do an army specifically for AoS (like my slowly burgeoning Nurgle force), I'll likely focus on a character and retinue at a time. Get a proper warband feel from it.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

Yeah, I'm all on theme, Chaos army is Nurgle themed down to Beastmen with moss and individually converted Chaos Warrior (not a single one the same).

My beloved Orruks and Grots have been put to one side because I want to see how they're fitting before I work on getting them AoS ready!

Quote Originally Posted by nsc View Post
    I find reavers are mechanically strong so long as you play careful and get off a good totem alpha strike with your reavers they can tear through a surprising amount of stuff

Mostly though I build fluff, like I'll take the missions from the book but we'll makeup reasons why the armies are fighting and what they're trying to achieve. The contextualization makes it more enjoyable, it's more than just two soldiers crashing into each other
    Take them with a warshrine of khorne just being near it they gain +1 attack and a 6+ shield also if blessed by it all models in that unit re-roll all failed to hit rolls on a fluff point they protect khornes icons worship it and rallied to it and most of all powered by it.

I personally found using the formation Dark feast from the bloodbound battletome and sticking a warshrine in the middle feels to most fluffiest no matter what there also immune to battleshocks muahahah these photos are to inspire you sorry about the cam due to it trying to focus where there is so meny colours it blurs or phaseis them trying to focus on key points.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArcSoft_Image303.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	216.5 KB 
ID:	16305Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArcSoft_Image339.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	255.8 KB 
ID:	16306Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArcSoft_Image340.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	206.7 KB 
ID:	16307Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArcSoft_Image341.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	217.1 KB 
ID:	16308Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArcSoft_Image342.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	215.5 KB 
ID:	16309Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArcSoft_Image343.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	209.0 KB 
ID:	16310Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArcSoft_Image344.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	198.2 KB 
ID:	16311Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArcSoft_Image345.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	162.6 KB 
ID:	16312

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    Yeah, I'm all on theme, Chaos army is Nurgle themed down to Beastmen with moss and individually converted Chaos Warrior (not a single one the same).

My beloved Orruks and Grots have been put to one side because I want to see how they're fitting before I work on getting them AoS ready!
    Throw in some skaven units like the plague monks because remember the horned rat is part of the chaos pantheon so teaming them up with nurgle units is great on a fluff standpoint as well as a theme.
    Last edited by Xaric; 11-09-2015 at 04:45 PM.
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.