BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Question to the Tau Community

Good morning, all. Long-time Tau player, been on hiatus since the latter half of 6th edition. On Games Workshop's website, ([url]http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Tau-Empire-Sniper-Drone-Team;jsessionid=5883A02CD23AA2A0B94146C7969186A8?_ requestid=12050273[/url]) Sniper Drones are described as being armed with Rail Rifles, and the last data I have on those from the 6th ed Big Book is that they were 6/3 Heavy 1 Pinning. The 6th ed Tau Empire book listed them as 6/1 Rapid Fire. 6th ed Tau Empire book lists Sniper Drones as having a 'Longshot Pulse Rifle' which is an X/5 Sniper Rapid Fire. I went to the local store, and everyone answered off the top of their heads, as no one had the books handy, telling me that nothing had changed for the Tau, and that the official rules still have Sniper drones as having those never to be sufficiently EDITED FOR THE SAKE OF THE GREATER GOOD Longshot Pulse Rifles.

Please do not knee jerk this, as this question is crucial to whether or not I come out of hiatus. Which is it, please? Or is it altogether other, now? I do not have access to the current Tau weapons data, and I decline to buy the book (or possibly books plural - I'm sketchy on that too) to find out. I used my Sniper Drones as Space Marine killers and light anti-armor, neither of which the LsPR is.

And while I'm on the subject, has anything changed as far as Remoras and Tetras are concerned since 2nd ed Damocles Crusade book came out? Please note I am not asking for stat lines; a simple yes, they are exactly the same as before/no they've changed for the better/no they've changed for the worse will do.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Chapter-Master

Longshot Pulse Rifles. GW seem to get confused about it themselves sometimes, in the latest Tau short story collection there is a fantastic short about a pathfinder ambushing an imperial column, and his sniper drones have rail rifles.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.