BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BT trial list

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eagleboy7259 View Post
    Very simply I beleive that you can do one of two things, suck it up and drop the points to take two LRC's at 1500pts to make the Assault Terminators viable, which leaves you with Crusaders in the other LRC, and hopefully enought room to fit 2-3 Land Speeders and 2 more Rhino Crusader Squads

Roughly: (1496pts)

Emperor's Champion w/ ACC - 140pts

5 Sword Brethern Assault Terminators w/ Lightning Claws & Furious Assault - 215pts
    10 Crusaders & 5 Neophyts w/ Meltagun & Power Fist - 235pts

10 Crusaders w/ Meltagun & Power Fist - 185pts

Rhino w/ Extra Armor & Smoke Launchers - 58pts

Land Raider Crusader w/ Smoke Launchers - 268pts
    Land Raider Crusader w/ Smoke Laucnerhs - 268pts
    This is 1612

Librarian

Yeah late night math doesn't really add up... I was thinking it sounded better than I thought was possibly. It would be 2x 8 Strong Crusaders and a 10 Strong Crusader Squad.

The LRC can ideally fulfill both the anti-tank and anti-troop roll, think of it as the Baal Predators cooler older brother. If you've ever seen a break down of armor penetration and the twin-linked assault cannon you know its a damn fine tank buster. Add that to the multi-melta sitting up top and you're doing alright for yourself. The LRC can drive straight up to the opponent and deal with anything it sees as opposed to its brother the LR which is more of a sit back and pivot tank.

***EDIT***

Additional Things that we have that Vanilla, SW, and BA don't. They aren't our bread and butter but are useful

7) Vindicators w/ POTMS
    8) Predator Annihilators that don't cost and arm and a leg
    9) Venerable Dreadnoughts with Tank Hunters
    10) Bike Squads that can take up to 3 power weapons / fists
    Last edited by eagleboy7259; 04-02-2010 at 04:56 PM.

First-Captain

how about something like

Emperor's Champion w/ ACC - 140pts

5 Sword Brethern Assault Terminators w/3 Lightning Claws, 2 THSS & Furious Assault - 215pts
    10 Crusaders & 5 Neophyts w/ Meltagun & Power Fist - 235pts

Land Raider Crusader w/ Smoke Launchers & Blessed Hull - 293pts
    Land Raider Crusader w/ Smoke Laucnerhs & blessed hull - 293pts

land speeder with multi and heavy - 75

This totals at 1494 and has more survivable Land raiders, especially for local meta

Veteran-Sergeant

Thats not a bad list at all. It may be too competitive for your local meta, 2 LR at 1500 may get a "cheese" cry from your non-mech buddies.

The blessed hulls are kinda crap, though. You can't do much with the 56 points though. Maybe drop the land speeder and get two Multi-melta attack bikes? I dunno if that is so good, but unless your meta is lots of Dark Eldar I'd say that blessed hull is a waste of points.

First-Captain

kk heres is new list I have made and feel is kinda better

standard loadout EC - 140

5 Assault Termies w/furious charge -215
    Dedicated LRC smokes - 268

9 Initiates w/melta & powerfist - 169
    Rhino w/extra and smokes - 58

10 initiates w/melta & powerfist - 185
    Rhino w/extra and smokes - 58

Vindicator - 125
    Vindicator - 125
    Destructor with lascannons -125

total 1468 leaving me with 22 points overall I like this more, My assult termies can assault better, and my troops can fire out of the hatch, also It gives me a hella a lot more useful fire power.
    Last edited by gcsmith; 04-03-2010 at 11:15 AM.

Librarian

Blessed Hull is a complete waste of points unless you are playing against someone who has Dark Eldar. The thing is that Eldar really don't have access to that many Bright Lances in the first place because they are so dang expensive for them. In most lists you'll usually face down only 2-3 of them on Wave Serpents. With DE however, everyone and their brother has a dang Dark Lance... good thing nobody plays them =D

If that's closer to what you have or what you feel like won't be called cheesy in the meta game then the one thing I would advocate for be to use the spare points to buy POTMS for the Vindicator and maybe trade up for another lascannon destructor.

First-Captain

In any meta 2 LRC isnt cheese, Any capable opponent can take them down after turn 2. Add gaurd here.
    I like the 2nd list for the extra fire power, and POMS isnt that good, ;p and 2nd list dsnt have blessed hull.

Librarian

I would very much like to argue that point about POTMS - to be completly honest the armor on space marine tanks just isn't that good, and with a vindicator the whole goal is to drive that often fragile tank within arms reach and shout BOOM! ALOT of weapons have the ability to consistently give the vindicator shaken or stunned results, which would basically neutralize the threat. POTMS will let you still move the tank and still shoot, and BS 2 doesn't hurt the vindicator like it does other tanks because of the way blast weapons work, its either going to hit or scatter no matter the BS. It might not be that good for other SM vehicles, but for the Vindicator POTMS is the cats pajamas.

First-Captain

but u dnt denie that 2 lrc isnt cheese? and yes I agree POMS is good, lol was tired when i wrote it wasnt.
    Last edited by gcsmith; 04-04-2010 at 12:08 AM.

Librarian

It is and it isn't... You have to figure in the fact that BT's pay through the nose for our Land Raider Crusaders now compared to everyone else, even DA which is the same as ours starts at 250pts and Demon Hunters at 255pts with the better POTMS and the option to take Psycannon Bolts! Smurfs, Wolves, and Bangles all pay 30-40pts less for the same dang tank! Oh wait its not the same dang tank, its better... and we're supposed to be the ones who invented it during our crazy crusading... oh wells =(

There is just soo much out there that is 10x cheesier than anything we have right meow - playing BT is like playing DA, or any of the other outdated codexs we might be able to get a slice of cheese but dang it there are people running around out there with whole cheese platters. Personally I think that almost whole IG codex is cheese - especially when played like a leafblower list.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast