BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Most Lethal

Brother-Captain

I once had one lone surviving power fist terminator who was charged by a melee heavy support carnifex (2 wounds left) and a hive tyrant (full health). Three turns later, the carnifex and the hive tyrant were dead, and the terminator consolidated 6" - just enough to hold an objective.

Veteran-Sergeant

I gotta go with my Killa kans (grotzookas) for my orks. They managed to hold up 4 Rhinos filled with chaos marines for 6 turns. They popped one and immobilised another in the first turn. The Rhinos where blocking the approach to the objective that the chaos boys wanted to take and effect they where boxed in. I just keept blasting the area with 6 str6 blast marks per round for 6 rounds and the only thing that managed to survive was a lord, that then got chopped up by the kans close combat. They finally got chewed to pieces by a Daemon prince and a greater daemon in round 7.
    Their final toll was 4 rhinos, 2x 6 man deathguards, 2x 10 man nurgle marked marines and a nurgle lord.
    They consistently take out 2-3 times their own value and they are the most feared unit currently in my gaming group. The double lashing chaos player thinks they should be banned They seemingly are the most tasty thing Big daemons can get their hands on, since they also manage to get eaten by every daemon they have ever meet

My favourite spacemarine unit is 3 landspeeders with Heavy bolters and Typhon missile launchers. They ROCK!!! Last game was a record in kill count for them. They managed to survive a 6 round game and they tallied up a impressive kill count of: 1 lash daemon prince, 1 greater daemon, 3 obliterators, 2 rhinoes 6 deathguards and a defiler.
    They are great as long range support. The weapon load out means that I can switch from 9 heavy bolter shoots and 6 str4 blasts for anti infantry or go 9 HB shoot and 2 krak for monstrous creature/light vehicle or heavy infantry hunting. They cripple anything on foot and they do it a 36-48 inch range.
    The str4 blasts even mean I can move 12 inch and keep pumping out maximum pain since they count as defensive weapons. They are excellent at hunting monstrous creatures and light vehicles. They tear great big holes in horde armies and they can keep far away from anything that could hurt them.
    If anything gets to close they just move away and keep shooting while they do it. Great stuff
    Gaming manifest: Play hard, but play fair. The game is about fun. Treat your opponent with respect. Losing a well fought game, beats winning a bad game.

I have two nominees: Either my Devilfish with a killcount of 100+ models and only gotten it self blown up once in 15 battles. It faces SM, Nids, Orks and IG.

Second nominee: Railhead. It has only seen five battles yet, but has found the time to kill three Monoliths, two laindraiders, a hell of a lot of ork "vehicles" and 100+ models. It faces SM, Nids, Orks and IG. And still not a single scratch.

*just notification*

Librarian

5 Man Sword Brethren Assault Terminators with 3x Lightning Claws, 2x Thunder Hammer w/ Furious Charge lead by EC w/ ACC and Marshall with thunder hammer & storm shield all in the LRC with smokes. Nobody every survives till the second round of combat.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234