BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Brother-Sergeant

Gyahaha, this was such a troll thread xD Everyone's wrong, nobody's right. Derp.

Abbess Sanctorum

This is not a troll thread. I was quite serious.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Brother-Sergeant

It's like Just Me said, the writers seem like they normally think of our modern military where it's mostly male dominated, I've read quite a few BL books and got the feeling that there were to few women, So as Commissar Lewis said, "In the grim dark future, there are only sausage fests, I guess."

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    Maybe it's just the fact that the writers don't know what the crap they're doing, but it seems to me that there should actually be more women in the Imperium than men. A great deal of the men are conscripted into the Guard, or on certain planets killed off early in the attempts to find recruits for the Space Marines, or conscripted into the Skiitani, adopted into the Schola Progenium, or into the Arbites-- all of these organizations are depicted as mostly or entirely male in the fiction from what I can tell.

... and yet... somehow... most fiction that depicts civilians shows them as also mostly male (Dark Heresy, the Ciaphas Cain series, etc spring to mind). It doesn't really make much sense, apparently going by the fiction that there is Humanity in the year 40,000 is suffering from a shortage of women? Like out of every 100 citizen there's 30 females and 70 males? Personally I would think that this would mean there SHOULD be a disproportionate amount of women in the civilian population of worlds that are not entirely militarized (like Armageddon or Cadia), simply because of how many men they turn over to the Guard every year as tithes, and their own PDF as well which tend to be all-male in the depictions.

I know, thinking too deeply into science fiction (which itself is almost never internally consistent), but it always made me scratch my head at how stupid it seemed.
    While you make a good point I must ask, have you even read the Ciaphas Cain novels??
    I ask because I think there must be more female characters in those books than all the others combined.
    Half the regiment he is with is made up of women, their general is a woman, the iquisidor he regulary meets is a woman, his arch-nemisis is a woman, and alot of the suporting characters he bumps into are women (he is a bit of a womeniser)

But yes, you are right. The drim darkness of the far future need more women!

Chaplain

I would actually argue the Imperium couldn't exist without NOT being sexist. The Imperium would need to completely and efficiently utilize the entirety of its population, not just around half.

No, the Imperium isn't sexist. It oppresses both genders equally.
    Ummm... I'd say that, for instance, the diamond miners in South Africa are among both the worlds most "completely and efficiently utilized," and the worlds most oppressed. Oppressed does not equal "not utilised." In fact it means the precise opposite in most cases. And if the argument is that it oppresses everyone, you open up the whole "separate but equal" can of worms. I'd prefer not to do that.

I think you don't quite understand testosterone then... both genders require it, and oftentimes the female body produces just as much as the male body. Kinda like how Estrogen is vital in order for an infant male to develop a "male" type brain.
    Hah! Yeah, you should see what happens to the male body when it has an estrogen deficiency. Sex drive and appetite disappear, you start getting hairs in places YOU DON'T WANT HAIRS, you smell awful. Women with low testosterone have a VERY difficult time getting wet during sexual stimulation (which is super important). Pretty much nothing would be any fun if men were full of testosterone and women were full of estrogen.
    Goodbye Bols!

Veteran-Sergeant

i cabt believe no one else has figured this out. Servitors, all the women are servitors. obey automaticly, pliant, QUIET, and there when you need them. the perfect woman. ok just kidding. really just a joke.
    Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. Armed Forces don't have that problem. R Regan

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Majorcrash View Post
    i cabt believe no one else has figured this out. Servitors, all the women are servitors. obey automaticly, pliant, QUIET, and there when you need them. the perfect woman. ok just kidding. really just a joke.
    You're going to a terrible terrible Hell for that joke. Right next to teachers who give tests on Saturdays.
    To whom it may concern...
    BAALLOOOOGGGAAAA WHALE!!!

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by Subject Keyword View Post
    Hah! Yeah, you should see what happens to the male body when it has an estrogen deficiency.
    Actually, yes... without estrogen, males would be unable to get it up, and be infertile (or less fertile, low sperm count), their arteries would harden, increased acne, and they'd become fat because of a lower metabolism, amongst other things.

The male and female bodies aren't THAT different in the end...
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Veteran-Sergeant

Wtf happened to this thread? I thought it started out as some stupid retcon thing, now it's this!?

How did this even happen?

Abbess Sanctorum

Because some people made arguments based off of faulty knowledge of biology, mostly.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910