BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

That's what I've got me eye on at the moment, especially as it doesn't seem to contain any Fortifications. I have an aversion to having Fortifications as general scenery. Dunno why, I just do.

Still hoping we might see a bundle in-store.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Local manager just informed me there are scenery bundles available - ergo, we've not see all the available bundles yet.

How exciting! If you've got a local store, probably worth dropping round to see what's what.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Still no sign of scenery bundles, and I've got £350 burning away for such a thing....
    There's this scenery bundle, though it is fortifications. Usual price £140, sale price £110.

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Imperial-Grand-Redoubt[/url]
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Brakkart View Post
    There's this scenery bundle, though it is fortifications. Usual price £140, sale price £110.

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Imperial-Grand-Redoubt[/url]
    Stores will have bundles not available online (which stores have what depends on stock in the store in question though)

Also, unless my head maths is wrong, that deal there is more than 20% off...

Worryingly, its the same behaviour as an abusive spouse.

Make demands - demands met - decry their efforts, change demands, claim changed demands were the original demand all along. Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat.

Seriously people - this is something to be enjoyed. 20% off is 20% off - whichever way you butter it, it's still 20% off. Can't find a deal that particularly appeals to you? Bad luck, better luck next year.

Me, I'm kind of bummed there isn't a scenery deal amongst those we've seen, as Nerdvana needs a board this month, and money off such a thing would of course be most welcome.
    No. JUST NO.

I didn't like the BS domestic abuse comparison when it was done by someone to illustrate what's wrong with GW and why the happy-go-lucky people are kind of annoying (and it's more valid there), I am not going to accept it here. That's BS, and it's disgusting you do this.

It's more like a parent with a kid who did well in school, got good grades, all kinds of awards, great kid, and then drops to getting D's and stops listening to you and acts apathetic to everyone, and then they just manage to put forth just enough effort to get a C, and we're all supposed to act like the kid is the BEST KID EVER. You know they can do better, they've done it in the past, why lower the bar so tremendously low that anything is "great?"

I call things like I see it. I don't "demand" things of GW, I just expect better of them as a company. Not even as a company serving me. As a freaking company that makes and sells stuff and is acting like they want to go out of business. It's fair to point out that "one-click bundles" with zero savings are just stupid (aside from many other problems, you're actually just pointing out how expensive your products are without doing anything to offset that, which would incentivize the customers into buying the bundle). It's fair to point out that battle forces and battalions were nice deals (though some recent offerings are lacking), and were a smart move to make it easier to get people into the hobby... which for some reason disappeared. It's also fair to point out that throwing together a mass of kits into an expensive bundle and slapping a bit of savings on it, so that someone has to spend hundreds of dollars without any freedom of choice, is a really poor way of doing things, especially when you're competing with multi-hundred-dollar items like PS4's and XBox One's and stuff like that. Meanwhile, all these other companies are coming up with ideas that would have worked better, like "buy any three tanks and get 20% off all of them" or small bundles with better savings, or "X% off these categories."

If you're "the" big dog, you have enough money to afford a marketing staff. If your marketing staff is so stupid they ensure you the current plan is a good plan, you should fire them all and tell them to become janitors, or maybe not, because they can't be trusted around dangerous chemicals.

- - - Updated - - -

Local manager just informed me there are scenery bundles available - ergo, we've not see all the available bundles yet.

How exciting! If you've got a local store, probably worth dropping round to see what's what.
    I did. The local store had MUCH better bundles than those online. Not the most ideal, but not bad for someone who wants to get stuff for certain armies (Ork deal wasn't great, but that's because they don't know what to do with Orks). Some of the bundles were even tempting, if I hadn't already dropped cash on a couple BoC sets. The only one that was terrible was the Stormcast Eternals bundle, which was over $400 (the others were in the $200-$250 range), and didn't seem to have that much to show for that price tag. Otherwise, the bundles were small enough and themed enough to be pretty decent.

Which makes the online bundles even more silly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123