Dear Sirs and few Ma'ams,

Do your local friendly GW store or other tournament organizers usually allow the use of older out of production GW (Citadel/Iron Claw/Marauder included) models to be used in tournaments?

I have nothing against buying the new stuff, as I pretty much buy every IG model made. But, I have hordes of old original Imperial Guard/Army models that have not seen action outside of my private abode and I'm itching to let them see the light of day.

The lascannons, grenade launchers, plasma guns, thudd guns, sentinels, combi-weapons, lasguns, tarantulas, and flamers (etc...) barely resemble anything used today. Additionally many of the ancient Guard models had been issued autoguns instead of lasguns, even though I believe they had the same stats.

I've mounted everyone on 5th edition legal bases and even gone as far as to write on the front of the base what the weapon is.

Am I wasting my time trying to bring my most beloved despite often poorly sculpted GW models to a tournament because I won't be allowed to play with my toys?

vr,
Baconfat

PS. How about using old Squats as Imperial Guard troops?