BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Most of my Guard and Marines and....let's face it almost ALL of my stuff is older and OOP. Only played local but haven't had a problem with any players.
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Brother-Sergeant

I have 4 of the old Ork trukks. A few people now and then roll their eyes when trying to get LOS but never had any issues. I simply do not like the new trukks, plus I can't see why I should be forced to spend $120 when I already have 100% unaltered GW models. Plus they are a whole heck of a lot easier to transport.
    Please visit my 40k Youtube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Da40kOrks

Battle-Brother

I much prefer the older/OOP minis ... I know that theres a lot more scope with the new "plastic multi part" minis ... but theres only so many combo of putting them together before you end up with look-alikes on opposing sides... Im a fan of the visual appeal of the old stuff... also makes for a more "fluffier" pre heresy army :P

Abbess Sanctorum

Perhaps, but pre-heresy armies tend to be kinda silly facing off against my Sisters (not that I mind roasting a few pre-heresy Marines alive or anything), given the timeframe difference >.>

Brother-Captain

I agree with Melissia on the OOP over Proxies any day. I've only ever seen GW rule enforced at a GW store. Most LGS that I've played in have allowed non-GW to be used even for tournaments, as long as it fit the fluff/style of the army list being used (I use IKore in my IG as conscripts currently). Now in a GW hosted event, I wouldn't expect to be allowed. Having been a store owner/organizer/judge in the past, there is no real "fine line" but it's mostly about intent and style, and how well you hide what is not GW. I run a lot of old stuff in my BA army, including some RT vets and some 1st edition plastic marines. A marine is a marine is a marine....

John M>

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Baconfat View Post
    Do your local friendly GW store or other tournament organizers usually allow the use of older out of production GW (Citadel/Iron Claw/Marauder included) models to be used in tournaments?
    Every model ever made by GW is perfectly "legal" when playing 40k.

Of course, though, I must add the obligatory "Contact your tourney organizer for details before attending".
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Grand Provost Marshal

As far as I recall, all the Rulebook says is that they must be Citadel miniatures.

This is why I use old Judge Dredd bikes on some of my guys.

That shouldn't be an issue. In fact I love armies with lots and lots of OOP minis and would be super stoked to face it at a tourny.
    letsagetabitarockin!

Chapter-Master

A spectator watching my Chaos marines bash into Tau at last years UK GT pointed out that some of my OOP Legionnaires were older than my opponent... This was in Warhammer world so would hope you would never have any problem in any GW establishment, excluding TLOS where anything is smaller - I got away with old school rhinos but old LR may be a bit over much.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Scout

I catch ALOT of heat using my old Ork Trukks...which i can kind of understand..i bought 2 of the new trukks and there is a HUGE difference in size. But a Friend of mine has a HUGE deathwing army all of the old metal termies, on the smaller bases, he catches heat too but whats he supposed to do? spend another 1200$ to build the same army he already has?

I'm not talking tournements either, we catch heat in regular games.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast