BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Librarian

couldnt he just grab the termy bases and not have to spend another 1200?
    perhaps even magnetize them to the bases so he can swap between classic termy and new termy?

Shame on those who belittle the old deathwing, I would love to see one of those armies
    The Dark Angels, The Emperor's First, and Finest!
    A moment of Laxity spawns a lifetime of Heresy

Abbess Sanctorum

Yeah, he can just rebase those termies. It's a pain, but at least he doesn't have to buy new models.

Grand Provost Marshal

Quote Originally Posted by KenStorm989 View Post
    I catch ALOT of heat using my old Ork Trukks...which i can kind of understand..i bought 2 of the new trukks and there is a HUGE difference in size. But a Friend of mine has a HUGE deathwing army all of the old metal termies, on the smaller bases, he catches heat too but whats he supposed to do? spend another 1200$ to build the same army he already has?

I'm not talking tournements either, we catch heat in regular games.
    The rulebook says that you must use the bases supplied with the citadel miniature. The small bases on old Termies are fine.

House-rules, non-RAW tournies, and fandex-types might want you to use medium bases, but the rulebook says otherwise.

Veteran-Sergeant

The old Ork Trukks are one of the only OOP models that has a significant advantages. Things like the OOP rhinos (Which I use exclusively for my marines) are close enough, but the Trukks are simply tiny compared to the new ones. That said, the current model is ridiculously huge.

My IG are mostly OOP metals, mostly Praetorians with a few tallarn and Catachan auxilleries tossed in. My Eldar are all 2nd edition metals picked up for next to nothing. In short, I love OOP models!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123