BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    But hey, maybe GW right now is deciding they don't want most of us to be customers. Maybe GW's telling us all to go take our money to competitors. Stupid business decision, especially when your sales are falling, but hey, if that's what they want me to do, I suppose I can oblige...
    I swear this is like the 15th time you've said this and you're still not getting the hint.

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan66 View Post
    I agree with Eric on this...the whole point of AOS is to get more people playing fantasy
    Is it?

I want to see 'in-scale' shots of these bad boys.

If they're as big as I think they are, the £60 price tag won't fuss me much, as they're undeniably gorgeous models.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    But hey, maybe GW right now is deciding they don't want most of us to be customers. Maybe GW's telling us all to go take our money to competitors. Stupid business decision, especially when your sales are falling, but hey, if that's what they want me to do, I suppose I can oblige...
    If all they wanted was sales, then they would offer crappy plastic minis like you find in games such as Zombicide.

In a total saturated market, that's insane. People don't need to go GW shops to play warhammer. They don't need to buy GW products either and many, if not most probably don't.

Let's say you are running a GW shop, which would you prefer 1) a group of 20 folks who take up a bunch of room playing on your gaming boards who don't buy any product or 2) a handful of folks who drop by every now and then for a pick-up game but every time they walk into your store are buying product?

I would choose number 2. Sorry, paying customers first.

And that is why all this babble going on about how nobody is playing AoS in the local shop over at Dakka Dakka is total trivia. I mean, dam n, if you believe all the crap on the net, then Ron Paul should be President of the United States.

The bottom line for everyone to understand is that GW isn't interested in growing an already saturated market, it is carving out it's own profitable niche in fantasy wargaming. When I changed from Coke to Pepsi, my sales remained steady, but because the price of the product was 25% less, my profit increased, but then again my business model is High Volume, Low Prices.

And the niche they are creating is totally unique. If you want to play AoS or are interested in their product, you need GW. If, OTOH you want to play Warhammer, Frostgrave or pretty much ANY fantasy game, you don't need GW to do that. I repeat, you do not need GW to do that, so why should they pander to you?

So yea Eric, if you're not interested in what GW has to offer... and really what could they offer to you that everyone else hasn't ripped off from the company already... they are not really interested in you either, nor would I be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I want to see 'in-scale' shots of these bad boys.

If they're as big as I think they are, the £60 price tag won't fuss me much, as they're undeniably gorgeous models.
    THAT is the problem with these miniatures...

So a normal Joe like me who ends up with eyes watering and headaches trying to paint these tinsy bitsy details on Infinity models all of a sudden finds he can actually see and paint ALL the details if we wants without all that suffering and have a fantastic result...

SOLD

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztk35YzCCQg[/url]

Yep.

They're massive
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

ok, so is this battletome/codex just for Archeon and his elite then?
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    ok, so is this battletome/codex just for Archeon and his elite then?
    Appears to me that the Everchosen are a new faction in the Chaos Grand Alliance. I would imagine there will be more releases and possibly picture previews in the Battletome.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    I swear this is like the 15th time you've said this and you're still not getting the hint.
    S/He who Walks the Path has a point Erik, you just have to take the final step emotionally, intellectually and most importantly financially.

GW don't want my money, but unlike you (it seems) I don't really want to give GW my money, so it's a win-win really.

Join us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Rivers View Post
    Is it?
    No, it really isn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Rivers View Post
    If all they wanted was sales, then they would offer crappy plastic minis like you find in games such as Zombicide.

In a total saturated market, that's insane. People don't need to go GW shops to play warhammer. They don't need to buy GW products either and many, if not most probably don't.

Let's say you are running a GW shop, which would you prefer 1) a group of 20 folks who take up a bunch of room playing on your gaming boards who don't buy any product or 2) a handful of folks who drop by every now and then for a pick-up game but every time they walk into your store are buying product?

I would choose number 2. Sorry, paying customers first.

And that is why all this babble going on about how nobody is playing AoS in the local shop over at Dakka Dakka is total trivia. I mean, dam n, if you believe all the crap on the net, then Ron Paul should be President of the United States.

The bottom line for everyone to understand is that GW isn't interested in growing an already saturated market, it is carving out it's own profitable niche in fantasy wargaming. When I changed from Coke to Pepsi, my sales remained steady, but because the price of the product was 25% less, my profit increased, but then again my business model is High Volume, Low Prices.

And the niche they are creating is totally unique. If you want to play AoS or are interested in their product, you need GW. If, OTOH you want to play Warhammer, Frostgrave or pretty much ANY fantasy game, you don't need GW to do that. I repeat, you do not need GW to do that, so why should they pander to you?

So yea Eric, if you're not interested in what GW has to offer... and really what could they offer to you that everyone else hasn't ripped off from the company already... they are not really interested in you either, nor would I be.

- - - Updated - - -

So a normal Joe like me who ends up with eyes watering and headaches trying to paint these tinsy bitsy details on Infinity models all of a sudden finds he can actually see and paint ALL the details if we wants without all that suffering and have a fantastic result...

SOLD
    Hmm, Pepsi.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Their niche is only "profitable" for as long as they can keep finding costs to cut and salaries to freeze. Eventually if they don't unfreeze salaries that will get good employees to leave, and cutting costs eventually cuts hardcore into quality. They want more revenue, so they can't push for a "niche." Your words don't match the reality that they're holding their employees' raises hostage if they don't get revenue growth. Revenue growth doesn't come from becoming more niche, because the only way to make that happen is keep pushing more and more expensive products and hope that some incredibly rich people suddenly decide your hobby is for them. So if their plan is to go more niche and still try to increase revenue while also trying to open stores and get into toy stores and book stores (which would be trying to hit a more mainstream audience), then they are even dumber than my lowest view of them already suspected them to be. (And I find it amusing that people so often, in attempting to defend GW's policies, actually just help point out how insanely stupid they are for a company looking to get more money.)

If they don't want my money, that's fine. Seems soon they're going to be deciding the entire northeast Florida and southeast Georgia region isn't good enough to be their customers. I'll gladly give my money to someone else. Bad enough it's to a point where you have to buy a $150 boxed set to even be able to enter a campaign, and events taking up all the store's tables are "invite only" so even if people wanted to play games with their pricey toys they couldn't.

- - - Updated - - -

More on topic... (sort of)

Saw Archaon in a match last night. Granted, he was going against Lizardmen, but it was the store manager's army and he's rusty on AoS (VERY rusty). Archaon only lasted to the middle of the second turn's Shooting Phase. Got hammered with mortal wounds, wasn't able to save them. Seems he can shrug off all the little stuff, but throw big stuff at him and he'll go poof soon enough. Still was kind of silly to see a giant swarm of Saurus Warriors who not only couldn't hurt him, but actually were taking wounds from trying to attack him.

He's very, very killy, but if your opponent brings the right uber-killy stuff, he can die. So... rock-paper-scissors, basically.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast