BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Binary'a loyalist Emperor's Children - The Silent Choir of Istvaan

So I've finally decided to take the plunge into the world of the Heresy with the release of Betrayal at Calth, the big (or not so big) decision was which legion (yes I know the title of the topic gives it away, but stay with me here...) Firstly I was going to go Death Guard, but after discussion with my local group I was finally swayed towards Fulgrim's pretty boys.
    If you've seen any of my previous blogs then my usual take is "I'm not building it straight out of the box" (previously I've done truescale world eaters, el*** ******es and a napoleonic theme IG army) but.....takes deep breath......not this time.
    This time I've decided I want to concentrate on the painting, trying to improve my skill level as I wanted these guys to be individuals, with their own story to tell.

And so Commander Anteus Clyme, the silver duelist and the remnants of the 156th company now called the silent choir were born

After all....."Who speaks for the betrayed, the murdered, the discarded and those who have no voice of their own? Who calls out for vengence and for justice? No-one.....until now. We will be their voice. We will be their fury. We will stand for those who cannot. And to our former brothers? We will only bring the perfection of death."

Enough rambling, here's where I stood his morning. 2 sets of BaC, a Deredeo, 10 palatine blades, the limited Centurion and a big bits box. Glued a few of the marines together and applied the base coats before deciding to focus on each one.

Then I started work on the highlights

And the final look Legionnary Tityos

This spurred me on to-

"Sixteen weeks."
    "Sixteen weeks cast adrift in the warp, racing to Istvaan."
    Sergeant Aello knelt in the ruins and let the grey dust trickle slowly through his gauntleted hand, watching it swirl in the wind and settle onto the scattered armour pieces that covered the desolate ground.
    "What happened here? What madness caused this?"
    He lifted the pauldron in front of him, pulling it free from the detritus, letting the weak half light catch on the remaining purple lacquer.
    His mind was full of turmoil, so many questions that needing answers, but those answer wouldn't be found here. All he would find here was death.
    His vox crackled to life.
    "Sergeant. Movement."
    Aello looked over to where Philotes was standing. The vox-operator was pointing toward the ruins on the far side of the depression.
    There had been no life signs. But maybe this is where the answers start.

Sergeant Aello

More to come.....
    Binary
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48150-Kill-team-more-madness-from-Binary77

Brother-Sergeant

Doomed to die from their imperfection

Looks good, although I follow to perfect sons of Fulgrim

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
    Doomed to die from their imperfection

Looks good, although I follow to perfect sons of Fulgrim
    But perfection can never be attained, only pursued. And through the pursuit we see glimpses of perfection and these glimpses keep us true to our calling. Your blind following of the Phoenician's delusion will only lead you to your death at our hands. 😆

More progress (don't you just love days off work?) finished up the cataphractii, and got the next batch built and ready to paint.
    Decided as I want this to be a long term project I'm not going to stick to an army list. While I know what squads I want to have I'm going to flit between the different squads to break up the potential monotony of 60-70 marines!
    Onto the pictures.

Firstly the cataphractii, Veteran Lelantos.

2 more tactical marines

And I have to thank Kizzdougs for the inspired idea of using the high elf spear heads as combat blades.

Another cataphractii, this time with powerfist and combi bolter

And the first of my heavy support squad, adding some valuable choom.

I've also built 2 characters, not sure how they'll fit into the story, but another way of practicing my freehand.
    Firstly a legion champion made from the limited edition centurion, palatine blade head and some grey knight bits.

And then something that was a bit of a spur of the moment idea after seeing the new Blood Angel Chaplain. Again built using some extra grey knight bits.

Thoughts?
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48150-Kill-team-more-madness-from-Binary77

Chapter-Master

they are looking great
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Brother-Sergeant

I use the the HE Phoenix Guard halberds as the Phoenix Spears. I can't wait to see the chaplain completed.

Brother-Sergeant

Another week another update.
    Firstly some WIPs.
    Did some more work on the librarian, mostly filling in the muscle fibres of the BA chaplain to give a smoother armour, but I also added some detailing on the lower right leg to match the left leg and a GS tabard.

I wasn't happy with the pose of the company champion, he looked like he was just busy flailing his swords around, so I ripped his arms off and rebuilt him with the sword from the sanguinary guard box. Now much happier with him.

Lastly for the WIPs are the tactical marine and cataphractii that are next up on the painting bench.

On to the finished marines

Legionary Ophion, 10th tactical squad

Legionary Dolos, 10th tactical squad

Legionary Homados, 15th heavy support squad

And finally a shot of all the completed marines so far.

Still need to decide on bases for them......
    Last edited by Binary77; 12-17-2015 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Fix broken links

Brother-Sergeant

And another update...boy I'm really getting stuff done this week!
    Finished the librarian, at least where I'm happy with it.

So may I present Codicier Dikaiosyne, The Memory, advisor to the council of Talamasca and confidant of the silent choir.

Binary

Brother-Captain

Very nicely done glow effects, especially around the eyes.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    Very nicely done glow effects, especially around the eyes.
    Thanks Morgrim, probably one of my first attempts at an OSL effect!

Right, probably last update before Christmas (he says knowing there'll probably be more!)
    Firstly I reposed the contemptor from BaC. Cut it at the waist, hips and the right leg at the knee to give a wider, more stable stepping pose. Then rotated the body and the assault cannon arm.
    The head was replaced with one of the cataphractii heads. Finally I added a swooping hawk wing to the left arm as a more "visual" legion symbol, and then added rivets made from sewing pins to replicate the look of the forgeworld EC contemptor.

Secondly the consul project continues apace, with Astorath (who'll become my moritat) and Asterion (who'll become the captain) arriving as eBay rescues. Just waiting for some more eBay parcels and work can start on them and I can finish the Primus Medicae too.
    What it does mean is that I can now start planning my breached squad as I was planning to use Asterion's shield for them. This needed some conversion work, I decided to fill in the runes, scrape off the Minotaur and turn it into an Aquila. The GS is still rough and needs cleaning up when it's dry, just got to figure out the best way to get 10 copies of it now...

C,C&Q all welcome
    -Binary

Chapter-Master

looking really good
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast