So I've finally decided to take the plunge into the world of the Heresy with the release of Betrayal at Calth, the big (or not so big) decision was which legion (yes I know the title of the topic gives it away, but stay with me here...) Firstly I was going to go Death Guard, but after discussion with my local group I was finally swayed towards Fulgrim's pretty boys.
If you've seen any of my previous blogs then my usual take is "I'm not building it straight out of the box" (previously I've done truescale world eaters, el*** ******es and a napoleonic theme IG army) but.....takes deep breath......not this time.
This time I've decided I want to concentrate on the painting, trying to improve my skill level as I wanted these guys to be individuals, with their own story to tell.

And so Commander Anteus Clyme, the silver duelist and the remnants of the 156th company now called the silent choir were born

After all....."Who speaks for the betrayed, the murdered, the discarded and those who have no voice of their own? Who calls out for vengence and for justice? No-one.....until now. We will be their voice. We will be their fury. We will stand for those who cannot. And to our former brothers? We will only bring the perfection of death."

Enough rambling, here's where I stood his morning. 2 sets of BaC, a Deredeo, 10 palatine blades, the limited Centurion and a big bits box. Glued a few of the marines together and applied the base coats before deciding to focus on each one.

Then I started work on the highlights

And the final look Legionnary Tityos

This spurred me on to-

"Sixteen weeks."
"Sixteen weeks cast adrift in the warp, racing to Istvaan."
Sergeant Aello knelt in the ruins and let the grey dust trickle slowly through his gauntleted hand, watching it swirl in the wind and settle onto the scattered armour pieces that covered the desolate ground.
"What happened here? What madness caused this?"
He lifted the pauldron in front of him, pulling it free from the detritus, letting the weak half light catch on the remaining purple lacquer.
His mind was full of turmoil, so many questions that needing answers, but those answer wouldn't be found here. All he would find here was death.
His vox crackled to life.
"Sergeant. Movement."
Aello looked over to where Philotes was standing. The vox-operator was pointing toward the ruins on the far side of the depression.
There had been no life signs. But maybe this is where the answers start.

Sergeant Aello

More to come.....
Binary