Brother-Captain

Default Path to Glory

Damn this looks fun!
    That is all.
    Anyone else downloaded it?
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Erm....sort of.

I've got the subscription, but there seems to have been a whoopsy with their file. I need the mobi version, so I can unzip via one app, and then open in my Kindle app.

However, yesterday's download only contained two ePub files, which I can't open on my iPad.

Currently discussing the issue with Black Library via email.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

Bummer. It's pretty damn cool.
    Seriously thinking of suggesting it to my gaming group.
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

I gots it working now. Buggered if I know what the problem was though.

Right, off into town to sort out Council Tax, and I'll be giving this a good read in the meantime.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

Yep, few of us have got it in my local group, got a little old school thrill rolling up a random warband (without the insanity of the Realms of Chaos books, which were cool but some of the stuff generated was maddeningly specific!)

Hopefully they'll release it later at a reasonable price like maybe $35 per game (less would be better, but eh, we'll call overpriced-but-not-insane "reasonable" given who we're dealing with). I have no intention of dropping $150 for their "subs" and getting a bunch of stories I likely won't read (which could be thrown into a print collection for $8 per game). I'm also not keen on it looking like they might charge $5 for each piece. The concept could be fun, would like to check it out, but not at the current asking price.

Blood hell Erik.

Have you ever seen something new and just thought 'well that's pretty cool'

Criticism is all and fine and well, but you give the impression you only ever look for something you don't like about a new thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Blood hell Erik.

Have you ever seen something new and just thought 'well that's pretty cool'

Criticism is all and fine and well, but you give the impression you only ever look for something you don't like about a new thing.
    Betrayal at Calth was cool. Even the PITA missile launcher guy is neat. Hitting all my nostalgia points, and a reasonable entry level price for the collection of stuff included. Don't really have an opinion on the Tau stuff, never been a fan of Gundam 40K (but hey, if there's rules for Cadians, that's nice). End Times stuff was awesome. Nagash was bloody expensive, but a nice model. Morghasts were awesome. Doing a massive ET game, that was cool.

Path to Glory might well be cool, but it's hard to know because the only way to see it right now is pay more than what's reasonable to ask. Sure, some folks will pay. But I can hope that it'll be released later. If I thought it wasn't possibly cool, then why would I care if it's released later? See, I'm trying to show optimism about something, but tempering it with realism. Maybe didn't word it best (especially as I can't convey body language or tone via text), but eh, I wasn't calling it a stupid concept. (I think I've pointed out before how PtG would be a good concept to convert for AoS. But then, so did some other folks, so it's hardly a unique idea of my own. It might even be said discussions online that led to it being done.)

I *do* see all the sides of something when I think about it. Maybe that's some quirk in my brain or mental illness, but I don't just see something and think "that's great!" or "that's awful!", I think about what's good and what's bad and what the conclusion from all of that is. I don't feel like a person is being honest with himself/herself, or others, when they don't look to see the good *and* bad in something and judge it based on both. I know that such a concept is apparently taboo among modern circles where you're either for or against something 100%, but I hate such extremes (which is why I've come to loathe politics and everything about them).
    Last edited by Erik Setzer; 12-02-2015 at 11:58 AM.

First-Captain

Yeah, £2.50 is so damn unreasonable, damn GW, screwing us again.

"I see people are talking about something they like, best post on the thread and **** all over it"
    Last edited by Path Walker; 12-02-2015 at 02:41 PM.

Just a mention... is someone constantly annoying you, but not breaking the TOS? To add users to your ignore list:

Go to your User Settings and in the left Nav Panel under My Account, select [Edit Ignore List], type the username you wish to ignore in the Ignore List blank and click [Okay]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast