BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sell me on Orks

Default Sell me on Orks

Sell me on Orks, Convince me to finaly start using the Orks I own.

I own a small Ork army that I have never used because, I can never find the will to actualy buy the codex and try to use the army.. I got them because I had tyranids I never used and dident like anylonger, And a friend had orks he dident want but he wanted Tyranids, So to be nice and help him out I traded my nids for his orks. But now the orks have been sitting here for almost a year and I havent used them yet.. I'v been meaning to buy the codex but.. I never manage to summon the will to order it..

So, Sell me on the Orks! Why do you love your orks? What made you play orks?

Occuli Imperator

I have orks because they are fun and daft.

Tooled out they can be very good at taking on different opponents, but one thing to remember, the key thing with having boyz is having more boyz. You will roll lots of dice, it doesn't matter that the BS is 2 because you fire so much.

Also, never overlook things like red paint jobs to get teh boyz into action even quicker.

Rockets are very cheap and very effective against beakies.

What made me play orks, the war for Armageddon, I have a substantive BA force and thought hmm, I need a massive ork horde to balance this out.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Look up the rules for Gorkamorka.

Veteran-Sergeant

Have a look at [URL="https://www.pinterest.com/completeHook/orks/"]my Orks Pinterest board[/URL], and through the magic of Pinterest a load of other peoples Ork boards too. So much potential for conversions and scratch builds if that's your thing.

Then there is [URL="http://bitsofwar.com/16-greenskins"]Kromlech[/URL] and all their amazing bits.

They are fun and distinctive but you will need lots of Boyz so even you if are thinking of playing the Gray Plastic Clan it is a big commitment.
    https://uk.pinterest.com/completeHook/

Not really a fan myself. I've never really liked Orks. I enjoyed reading 'WAAAAARGH!' and 'Ere we go!' back in the day, but they're just too... I don't know. I just don't like 'em.

That said, I've got a small Dred Mob because I do like Walkers. And Ork Walkers tend to be very easy to convert and make, which is nice if you're into the hobby aspect. I'd never field the bloody things because rules-wise they're extremely lackluster. I'd want to build a pure Walker army without a single Ork boy (as I hate those models) and that build just isn't viable yet. Or probably ever.

Still, there's some nice conversions you can do.

Last edited by YorkNecromancer; 12-02-2015 at 04:54 PM.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Veteran-Sergeant

You play orks because they speak to you. You don't play them to win, you play them because they are random and fun. You play them because no other army gives you the change to come up with the most random mad-max style vehicles you can possibly imagine.
    Yes I misspell stuff, you'll live.

Occuli Imperator

Kommandos

Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Merellin View Post
    Sell me on Orks, Convince me to finaly start using the Orks I own.

I own a small Ork army that I have never used because, I can never find the will to actualy buy the codex and try to use the army.. I got them because I had tyranids I never used and dident like anylonger, And a friend had orks he dident want but he wanted Tyranids, So to be nice and help him out I traded my nids for his orks. But now the orks have been sitting here for almost a year and I havent used them yet.. I'v been meaning to buy the codex but.. I never manage to summon the will to order it..

So, Sell me on the Orks! Why do you love your orks? What made you play orks?
    Ideally played with pre 7th rules, and certainly a lot more fun with pre 7th fluff. If you can track down copies of the books York mentioned they're certainly a lot more evocative of what makes 40K's orks unique.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Brother-Sergeant

WAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!

That should be enough to convince you.
    Cutter on the Eldar: "They'll be dead soon, why not throw them a wraithbone every now and then?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ravingbantha View Post
    You play orks because they speak to you. You don't play them to win, you play them because they are random and fun. You play them because no other army gives you the change to come up with the most random mad-max style vehicles you can possibly imagine.
    This.

Orks aren't an army. They're a vocation. A calling, if you will.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast