BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Age of Sigmar mini I found in a 40K box

Hey guys, a friend suggested I post these pics here.

Full story is that I bought a Tau infiltration cadre box set today, expecting the usual - 10 pathfinders, 3 stealth suits, a piranha, a few drones, an ethereal... wait... where's the ethereal... what's this weird dwarf-looking mini that I have in this box instead? Asked him for help IDing it, he suggested I post it here since he pointed out it said 'GW 2016' on the sprue and it wasn't any dwarf mini he'd seen... so maybe dwarves are next?

Images only linked because they're a little large.

Last edited by Wolfshade; 12-02-2015 at 05:21 PM.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by GetWhimsical View Post
    Hey guys, a friend suggested I post these pics here.

Full story is that I bought a Tau infiltration cadre box set today, expecting the usual - 10 pathfinders, 3 stealth suits, a piranha, a few drones, an ethereal... wait... where's the ethereal... what's this weird dwarf-looking mini that I have in this box instead? Asked him for help IDing it, he suggested I post it here since he pointed out it said 'GW 2016' on the sprue and it wasn't any dwarf mini he'd seen... so maybe dwarves are next?

Images only linked because they're a little large.

Enjoy ebaying that :-)
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Looks to me like some kind of Fireslayer Priest.

Scratch that - some kind of standard bearer. I managed to mistake the banner top for part of the torso.
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 12-03-2015 at 02:39 AM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Looks like a Fyreslayer. Could still be a Priest, just holding an icon. But probably not, given that Dwarfs don't usually go with Priests. Kind of odd to see a mix of Slayer and Chaos Dwarf looks, but it could work. Have to see it fully assembled to really get an idea of what it looks like.

I actually expected more literal fire, but it might be silly to have a whole group of Dwarfs with flames for hair and beards. (Not going to stop me finishing my own conversion once I remember to get some more green stuff, though. Just one flaming Dwarf should be fine, right?)

Depends.

Are you putting him in a Catapult to throw at your enemies?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, looks like the helmet is optional....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Interesting! Rumour has it that Dwarf/Duardin fire slayers would soon be released. This certainly confirms some development on that line. Makes me wonder if this was a one off/small batch error ... or could more sets contain this by mistake? One thing to note is the spure is copyrighted 2016 which might mean its initial release should/could be next year?

Certainly looks like some sort of fireslayer high priest/chieftain to me. Thanks for posting! If the right people see or hear about your post this could go viral among the AOS community! You can congratulate yourself a the most authentic Age of Sigmar leak since its release! If GW found out someone somewhere will have been executed ... or may be not (certainly is their companies mentality though).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Depends.

Are you putting him in a Catapult to throw at your enemies?
    No, though that would probably make for a rather dangerous projectile.

Makes me wonder if the "Grudge Thrower" was actually named that because it was used for launching Dwarfs with a serious grudge into combat faster.

I wouldn't like an Ironbreaker to the face!

First-Captain

There is just no way that was an accident!

Brother-Captain

They hire casuals for the xmas packing, so it could well be. One year someone got over-excited and LOADS of boxes had skaven in when they shouldn't have.
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast