BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chapter-Master

Lets be honest. You didn't find this in a box, you a leaker of GW stuff. You are either an official GW leaker as per a recent front page post, and this is a corny cover story to try and put us off the scent of an official leak.

Or, you are a leaker who doesn't want to be IP traced and smashed for breach of your NDA. So a corny cover story about 'found in a box'.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

It's actually possible it ended up in a box. Hey, crazy stuff happens in packing facilities, and you might end up with a sprue knocked off the shelf into a spot it shouldn't be. I've had items missing, extra bits, stuff like that. It's not unreasonable to think it happens that sprues being stored for release in the coming months might end up cross-contaminating.

If it was a "sanctioned" GW link, I'm certain the photos would be of much better quality, and he would have also assembled the model to show off how it looks.

Chapter-Master

Well, it's nice to finally see a non-stormcast or chaos faction that has new models. I am certainly intrigued by the concept of fire dwarves but would have to see more.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Where was that box packed? I'm sure that one plastic sprue looks like any other to a Chinese factory worker. "Oh, I've run out of my stack here, so I'll just grab another from this nearby stack." We see this a lot in fabrication, where assemblers misplace parts (like say a bolt) and use a bolt that is the same size (but maybe not the same rating) from another section. Then in testing the pressure vessel they were assembling fails because someone got lazy and borrowed parts rather than getting the right one replaced. I'm sure chinese box packer is more concerned with his box quota than accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by averykess View Post
    Where was that box packed? I'm sure that one plastic sprue looks like any other to a Chinese factory worker.
    The minis are made in the UK. Doubt if any Chinese had anything to do with it.

First-Captain

Boxes are all packed by staff in the UK but this was either a deliberate way to leak models out by GW or a cover for a deliberate leak.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    Boxes are all packed by staff in the UK but this was either a deliberate way to leak models out by GW or a cover for a deliberate leak.
    I think so - the way the photos are done, good close up on both sides - is the same way the Calth sprues leaked. And the BoLS front page tried to cite that as an 'official' leak...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    they arent

at least not in the US or AUS. The AUS GW boxes are packaged here, thats what lets GW put "product of australia" on the box as they are "substantially altered" in australia.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12