BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default Official WARMACHINE Muster the Troops Contest!

Welcome to the BoLS Lounge Privateer Press fans, and make yourselves at home. Today's question is:

Tell us who is your favorite warcaster and why?

Good Luck everybody!
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

As a Mercenary player, I would probably have to go with Ashlynn D'Elyse. Her rules are really fun and promote an aggressive play style, which I've found to be quite entertaining!

But not only that, I find her backstory to be one of the most compelling in the game. I've always been a sucker for the whole "rebellion" thing, so her band of freedom fighters is something that really resonates with me. It's a lot like the French Resistance of WW2, and I think that's way way cool.

Plus she once won a duel by kissing her opponent full on the mouth, and then when he was reeling back in surprise, she shot him in the chest. How effing cool is that?!?

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by mikethefish View Post
    As a Mercenary player, I would probably have to go with Ashlynn D'Elyse. Her rules are really fun and promote an aggressive play style, which I've found to be quite entertaining!

But not only that, I find her backstory to be one of the most compelling in the game. I've always been a sucker for the whole "rebellion" thing, so her band of freedom fighters is something that really resonates with me. It's a lot like the French Resistance of WW2, and I think that's way way cool.

Plus she once won a duel by kissing her opponent full on the mouth, and then when he was reeling back in surprise, she shot him in the chest. How effing cool is that?!?
    Half of my warmachine gaming group has mercs, all of them use Ashlynn as their main caster, and she is a tough cookie, though the one game I have played against her I managed to kill her with fire.

As for me, I havent read too much of the fluff as I am still pretty new (started playing beginning of march) but so far my favorite is the High Reclaimer. He is both a high priest of sorts, but has a foreboding, dark, unholy feel to him. In addition to that, it is cool to essentially have the ferryman as a the leader to your force, too bad he is hard as hell to play with.

Grand Provost Marshal

For me, it is and always will be Gorten Grundback. In his first major fluff outing, he kills the Deathjack on his way to save Darius, and survives the collapse of the Tower of Souls. Later on, he fights through the Butcher's army to reach Fellig.
    Plus, I love PP's take on dwarfs with their Rhulfolk. On the tabletop, Gorten is a strong caster with just as much killyness as survivability. In scenario play, he's even more powerful.

He's the only Epic Warcaster without a normal version. Epic by default.

Further, Gorten is what got me into Warmachine. I have told the story many times, but there I was, walking through a game shop. I stop and did a Hanna-Barbera style double-take at the Gorten battle box and thought "What on earth is this?!" I bought it, painted and assembled it, and then found out there was a game for it!

Thus, another reason for Gorten being the best: without Gorten, I wouldn't be playing Warmachine.
    Last edited by Faultie; 04-05-2010 at 11:18 AM.

I'm still pretty new to the game myself and not up on the fluf so much. My favorite caster is probibly Vyros. He's kinda a dick and not so acomplished yet in fluf but his look is so regal and commanding. He strikes me as an elven Julis Ceasar or Alexander.

I really need to become more familiar with the fluf though.

Grand Provost Marshal

Quote Originally Posted by ZenPaladin View Post
    I'm still pretty new to the game myself and not up on the fluf so much. My favorite caster is probibly Vyros. He's kinda a dick and not so acomplished yet in fluf but his look is so regal and commanding. He strikes me as an elven Julis Ceasar or Alexander.

I really need to become more familiar with the fluf though.
    Not so accomplished?! He defeated and killed Goreshade (made him become an undead lich thing). That's pretty decent, considering Goreshade is a professional bаstаrd.

Lich Lord Terminus because he is a Gigantic Winged Bile-Spewing Zombie Pirate King! Nuff said...

You mean my favorite right now. Next week it will likely be another warcaster, but right now it is Servath Reznik.
    Why? Quite simply, he wracks.

My favorite caster is the butcher. Every time I play with him I can feel his insane rage in the gameplay. Plus he has the best models in the game.

I like Severius because he's a grim and uncompromising evil old man who scares the crap out of everyone who gets anywhere near him. Visually, his hat and weird mask are part of what got me playing this game in the first place. And as a caster his abilities mean he's always interesting to play. He's got assassination potential, troop clearance, and the ability to buff his army to ridiculous levels.

Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast